We may not acknowledge it’s importance and may be so distracted we downplay its value, but in crisis it is more obvious that this is true… every moment is a choice. Our choice. Every single moment we choose to life, be free, continue to breathe. Those seemingly automatic choices are only automatic when nothing is wrong. But in states of natural disasters, illnesses, abuse, devastation, it becomes much more apparent that these are indeed choices. It is likewise our choice to give God glory and honor in everything we do. Or not. These are purposeful choices every moment of our life. Every moment counts. This moment I am for God and truth. This moment also. This one too. Or… this moment I will do what I want, I want to escape in this drug, I want to watch porn in this moment. The choice is ours and important and will be counted and rewarded (either positively or negatively) for an eternity. Not claiming to have made a choice or saying it is not important is actually making ac choice to believe a lie, a moment of choice against Truth/God. God says our choices matter and we will be accountable for them. If we pretend/lie to ourselves that it doesn’t really matter or isn’t important or we have time later and blow it off, we call God a liar and that is not something I would recommend. God lays out Truth in His Word. It must be our choice to read it, humbly pray to Him and obey/make good choices every moment. It is time to live every moment on purpose and choose God. God is power and truth with love. He is very forgiving and full of grace. Apologize and start over with His help. Now is the time to make good choices for God. Life purposefully for you are without knowing it anyway. God/Truth is our focus and choice. Every moment on purpose it is the same. If you screw up, apologize and start again next moment. Practice makes perfect. ❤
The problem with comfort is that it generally yields laziness and lethargy. It gives an unrealistic expectation that comfort will just continue without necessarily working for those things which make you comfortable. I fear for my fellow Americans because they are so comfortable right now. They have grown accustomed to God’s blessings without realizing we have been lazy and have not followed His way of life. We have killed an atrocious and vile number of babies for convenience and irresponsibility and to hide evidence of constant fornication and adultery. We have accepted Homosexuality as normal and even given that lifestyle preferential treatment. We have idolized people in the entertainment industry adultery and plastered our unadulterated attention on promoting our preferred personal on Facebook. We have allowed pornography everywhere adultery did even taught forms of it in sex ed to impressionable kids. We have taken God out of school and children and growing up not knowing right from wrong. Shame on us! We need to pray and fast and repent and call evil out and correct it. And if we do not do these things, how can a holy God keep from judging us guilty? Only His grace and those of us praying holds back His anger from our soil and we Andre seeing it grow thin. Repent. Pray. Fast. God is loving and will forgive you when andrenyone humbly prays and calls on the name of Jesus to be saved, and you will save your soul from judgment now and eternity without Him. Neglect salvation and you certainly will not be saved. It is your choice as it has always been. God is waiting and if we all turn back to Him maybe He will heal our land and save us. Tough words, but I believe God put them on my heart. Please listen to them. Please!❤
1. Be observant. Wait a minute before you offer anything and see what they really need. Don’t ask outright or you will get a want and not a need and that only lasts momentarily, but see for yourself what is needed. Often this involves prayer and asking the Holy Spirit for guidance. Remember: providing a want lasts for a day but filling a need is much deeper and longer lasting.
2. Don’t answer their need by filling your own. This is huge. My mom always used to tell me “Men always comfort with sex”. I am not sure about always, but it certainly is tried often. But when someone needs a hug and to share space and tears with someone, sex is really not what they want or need and is getting something for you out of it. Just an example but as a same sex help, if you give chocolate when they need company, you are treating them with what would benefit you and not what they need or want. In essence, either scenario above is a distraction and the problem remains. Remember: to help someone, you must consider their needs and not yours.
3. God is invaluable in helping anyone. To help anyone without praying with them is futile and shallow and unwise and plain ridiculous. As if you have unlimited strength to give them. As if you are all knowing to see into their soul and determine who they need to forgive. God is. God does. Call on His help before you help at all with them. They will how closer to God when He helps them. They will know that all good things come from God, our Savior and Healer. Remember: Do not forger God as Healer, Wisdom, Love and Truth.
4. Touch them. I don’t mean touch them inappropriately but we are Jesus’ hands and feet and people need hugs and reassuring touches. Some more than others, but everyone needs some level of the security and reassurance that comes with touches and hugs. Remember: We are Jesus’ hands and feet.
5. Put them first and just love. The people who comforted me most when Daddy died and my best friend died to me and another friend died all at the same time were the friends and family who had plenty of other things to do but took time out to just not say anything but be in the room with me. My cousin Nicky gave us a place to stay and just loved on us. That meant the world to me. My best friend texted with me support when her van would not allow her to come over. Another friend far away phoned me. Friends here came over. I was in no condition to talk but they coexistence with me and just let me know I was loved and not alone in the world. That is huge when you lose three from a very small circle of loved ones. Just that someone still exists who loves you. You don’t usually have to say a word. Just exist with them. That is healing in of itself. Remember: just be with them and love them.❤
Evil leaders may think they are in control. Billionaires may think they are in control. Popular people/celebrities/sports stars may think they are in control. Bullies may think they are in control. You name it. Give someone some power or money or fear and they think they have some kind of control. They plot evil, they promote agendas, they serve only themselves, they make themselves out to be God’s in flesh gracing us with their presence, expecting us to fear them, worship them, bow down to them.
Truth: they are mistaken. God, the Holy One of Israel and Heavenly Father of true Christians everywhere is in control. He is King of kings and Lord of lords. God is the only opinion which truly matters and His truth is the only truth. God is still in control. Never be deceived. And those who are humbly His and who remain close and in prayer and Bible reading will be with Him someday sooner than it was yesterday. God is in control. Not only that, but He loves you passionately. Not lustfully but passionately, like enough to send His Son the die and resurrect for our purification from the filthy sins surrounding us or that were Inc us before salvation. So rest assured that God is in control, He lives you, His Word is truth and we will be with Him when He chooses. Stay close to Him and pray and read your Bible and do not worry or fear. God is in charge of all He has made. (Except your free will, that is on you, Heh gave you the right to choose life or death for eternity- choose wisely.) Never fear. Ever. ❤
These things are not Biblical and need to be changed in the church:
1. Elaborate church buildings (money is to help the work of God not have comfy cozy fancy buildings to occupy a couple days a week and not even house the homeless the other days!!).
2. Sermons of viewpoints and not just Bible interpretation and study (Bible understanding is the whole point).
3. Praying for God to show up (He is always in and with us).
4. Lack of communion at every meeting (Jesus commanded the that one).
5. Lack of more prayer and fasting of churches (I need the ha to fast more).
6. Looking the same as a worldly social club (we are to be set apart and different).
7. Not giving and/or doing missions (we are all commanded to be missionaries wherever we are).
8. Judging (God commands all gains it).
9. Being quiet and solemn all the time (God is not silent and wants us to get into worshipping Him with our whole self).
10. Limiting the time (we need to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit).
If we changed these and make it all about God and get back to the Bible and prayer people so desperately need, we would be effective.❤
Christians all over the world for the most part have been sleeping. Not literally but spiritually, with a sleeping Giant of the Holy Spirit within them but left untouched, unfaithed, unobeyed, alone. The Holy Spirit has been working as best He can in the spoiled, distracted, out of shape temples in which He dwells to the extent He is allowed. But we have to shape up and humbly pray to release and awaken our spiritual Giant inside us and allow Him to work through us. This involves study of the Bible, constant prayer, freeing ourselves from distractions and tech, unloading pride, forgiving everyone, confessing sins to Him, leaving g those sins, listening to God. It is a focus of selflessness, a focus of service and considering God loves everyone and wants everyone to be saved. This is vital for we do not know when He will collect us and we must be ready and help and many as possible to be ready. I for one do not want to be caught in a sin when He calls me home and don’t want to give Him a busy signal or a wait until I finish this facebook post. We need to awaken the sleeping Giant within and allow Him to work and help and serve and assist others. We simply have to walk in obedience in this way. I lived through the eye of Hurricane Irma and have seen power and God saving and know the power of God within us when we pray. It is awesome awakened wild and beautiful and availability le to us when we humbly pray. God is the only One greater than any hurricane or storm of your life. The winds may howl but when you call on God, He answers every time. ❤❤❤
There is so much talk that everything is good as long as it is what you believe and want and it makes you happy and doesn’t hurt anyone. I believe that is the answer to the wrong question. I believe what is my right and wrong is a fool’s game because we all have such differing experiences and interpretation. I believe we have to always go back to the truth. The only truth I know of anymore is God’s Word, the Bible. It has never been disproven ever. No other book can boast of that. And it was written by God through people, except the 10 Commandments, which God wrote Himself. I believe inventing and living off your own truth is short-sighted and egotistical at best and extremely and eternally dangerous at worst. The question is not what is ok. That is the wrong question. What really matters is what secures my eternal future and helps those around me and what will God allow me to carry into eternity? And that means also what will please God? Apart from the Bible, I am not sure how you would know that. There is an eternity that we will meet sooner than you think which should excite you if you are close to God obeying His Word (which involves heavily reading the Bible and praying) and should terrify you if you aren’t. I believe that motivates behavior in a completely different way when you ask the right question. Many things are ok, but are they eternally beneficial and pleasing to God? That is the correct question to focus all your energy upon. ❤