Being a doctor has helped me promote healing but a great many doctors and physicians only understand healing the body, which is a temporary fix to a deeper problem. This is because to heal properly, you must incorporate healing characteristics in your approach. Here is what I mean.
1. To heal deeper issues,you have to dig deeper. Sure, a bacteria or virus may cause a sickness in anyone but repetitive illnesses denote a decline in the immune system. What caused it? Stress? Poor diet? Not enough good bacteria in your system (too sterile of an environment)? Less obvious but deeper underlying medical conditions? Derogatory or pessimestic attitude? Depression? Not enough sun? Unforgiveness? Guilt? Remembet, no illness is repeated consistently without one or more of these underlying causes. They must be explored or it may be a bigger issue next time or at the least the same issue repeatedly.
2. Closer walk with God in prayer and Bible reading allows for faith and prayer to work more effectively to heal when asked. Do you really want to be healed? Are the benefits and attention enough reward to continue the illnesses? Hard hitting questions but I have heard many moms say they wanted their kids to be diagnosed with such and such to get financial aid and one on one attention paid for when they were just active and needed that mom’s one on one attention and maybe consistent rewards and punishments. This happens more than you know. They want to be labeled “disabled” to get that check or a convenient parking space. Yes, it happens. A lot. I have seen it many, many time with my patients. But if you really want healing, God is the Great Physician, operating on faith and prayer.
3. What if God chooses not to heal? Yes, that is a possibility and we must trust that He has a good reason for that. Just because we don’t know what it is does not mean it does not exist and we must trust and accept. Then it is back to number 1 to minimize illness by probing deeper and being proactive with checking and testing environment, body, lifestyle, spiritual matters such as unforgiveness, etc.
I probably offended a great many with this post, but I hope not and wish with love to convey truth. Truth is a beautiful thing and it is tied closely to good health and attitude. Truth brings life when embraced and death when covered over and over again with lies. Familiarity with lies never makes them true but truth saves as soon as it is embraced. And I hope that for everyone. God does not want decay for any of us but He wants life and health and vitality, especially from eternal perspective. Introspect is healthy but focus on God is even moreso. And He knows everything, so can always help.😄❤
I had lost 50 pounds. I did this without exercising, just via the Paleo nutrition lifestyle. And I don’t believe I am made for that long-term because I woke up regularly with Charlie horses and always had foggy thinking and was slow with problem solving. Sure, I was on target with my “ideal weight” but felt lows about myself.
So I threw away that option and have stuck with the health and freshness of it but added some carbs (healthy ones mostly) and most importantly exercise every day, walking fast and even some jogging between 2-4 miles a day with the kids. We are all three healthier and stronger and I feel good again and strong and healthy. And I have yet to experience a Charlie horse again or cloudy thinking. So, sometimes you have to modify. Yes, I have gained 30 pounds, the scales tell me, but my clothes still fit beautifully and comfortably and I have muscle definition.
So don’t always care so much about the numbers or some unknown person’s thought of what you should be. Be the healthiest person you can and do so for God and His kingdom and glory, woking with Him on the heart and mind. That is what makes beauty. ❤
Tonight, we ate at Olive Garden. What I mean is that we over – dulged at Olive Garden, dessert and all. We rarely (thank the Lord) eat that way and I am not sure what got into us, just that it looked good, tasted good and was good and we kept eating it. It was fantastic. Until now. Ugh! I feel awful and look 3 months pregnant. Sin? Not necessarily unless we make a habit of it (gluttony). But we do feel awful so maybe a bit of a sin against our poor bodies. We feel awful! So we will ride it out, accept the consequences, and learn from it and keep it much simpler.
Sin is like this. It looks good, is tantalizing, you over- indulge and greedily devour every morsel, then afterward in comes bad feelings, guilt, sickness. It is bad. So, you can choose to accept consequences and repent from it, learning and going a different way next time and apologize and you are forgiven. Yes, have to ride out consequences, but being redeemed is a lighter feeling inside. 😄❤
I have not done this for a while, but I wanted to share it, having just shared with a friend who found it useful. Here is how I did it.
I first conditioned and disciplined myself to get up first thing in the morning (before my toddler son at the time) and walk a mile. I had measured with my car’s odometer how far a mile was from my house. Gradually, when a mile became easy, I got up earlier and walked two miles. Then, when two miles was easy, you guessed it, I got up earlier and walked three miles. But I stopped there and alternated 2 miles one day, 3 miles the next and always took Sundays off of walking. Then, instead of increasing my distance, I started walking faster. At first I could only walk fast a half a mile, and gradually that increased. I did not push my body until it hurt, I listened to my body and the slightest ache, I walked slowly again. (Also, I must say that from day one, I stretched before and after my walks.) Then when walking fast the entire distance was easy, I started jogging a bit, just a little at first and any soreness, I walked again as fast as I could. Later, I would alternate jogging with walking. Eventually, I could jog the whole distance. Then I started sprinting the same way. Any resistance, I jogged, eventually alternating those until I could run the whole way as fast as I could. Then my body and heart were conditioned. Once the body is conditioned, it is a matter of will and you can go as fast as you believe and allow yourself (within reason). At the end, I was up to the first mile at 6.5 minutes, the second mile at 7.0 minutes and the third mile at 7.5 minutes. Pretty good for an overweight 37 year old, praise God.
I stopped because I got pregnant and did not want to jeapordize the baby’s health. I have not gotten back into it but I may, I know how to and have started walking 1-2 miles a day, depending. Who knows but if I can do it once, I and you can do it again. And with God’s help, anything is possible (if you really desire it). Never be afraid to try something new that challenges you and helps make you healthier for the Lord’s sake. ❤
My main achievement thus far in renewing my stewardship of this God – made and God- given body has been in more consistent prayer. Secondly, I have gotten back to getting up early and walking. So far, I have taken the kids and dog with me and we have walked 1.7 miles each morning since my recommitment to health/good stewardship. And we skated an hour and a half today (not the dog, just the kids and I). So I feel healthier. In addition, I am back to my strictly modified paleo nutrition plan. Those three things in addition to my healing and I feel more energetic already. Super excited about each day and living it. So praise God! I am richly blessed! 😄 ❤
1. God can do absolutely anything He wants to do.
2. He will not do anything against His character or Word.
3. God’s ways are higher than ours and He sees the past, present and future all at once and lives in them all because He is not bound by time like we are.
4. God is the Great Physician because He knows us better than anyone because He lovingly made us.
5. Faith releases His healing n in our lives.
6. (Here is the difficult one:) Sometimes He heals differently than we want but it is always for His and our best.
7. Healing can be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual but God always heals the way you truly need it best at the moment you humbly pray for healing.
8. You may still have the physical impairment because He needs you to know He is enough for you and you have not learned that yet or so you may help others.
9. God always wants and works for what is best for His work and you.
10. Trust is faith that God has healed you in the way you need it and that He is in loving charge of you.❤
Today was our closing ceremony and field day for homeschool PE. My kids were involved in classes and I coached 2nd and 3rd grades. My goal was to teach my kids teamwork, teach sports (we learned and played a different sport every month), encourage each other, recognize and value strengths and weaknesses, be healthy, stretch properly, buikd confidence that God made each of us on purpose with love, and hopefully promote friendships. And I succeeded in my goals and feel great about that. And it has been a sincere commitment and consumed a fair amount of time, but that being said, I will miss my kids over the summer. Some kids will move on to 4th and 5th grades. I will have some again and meet more, should we decided I coach again next fall. We will see. And who knows, we may be rapture by then. But any way it goes, I have loved my kids and appreciated them each and I hope they value the lessons learned through their years. They have many journeys ahead and I sure do hope they stay with the Lord through them all to be as spiritually successful as any other success in their lives and that failures are short lived and produce much fruit. 😄❤