It is such a blessing to live in a country where we can have a Sunday School class openly. That being said, I also appreciate my class and how supportive and encouraging we all are to each other. Everyone has good and bad- some very bad- things happening concurrently and we pray each other through, lend a listening ear, empathize, support with Scripture and lead towards Jesus, always towards Jesus. The more we focus on Him, the more important He is and the less important our things are, as they should be. This is God’s plan. Focus on Him, pray, read our Bible, encourage each other, worship together. All that cannot be done apart from church. Size does not matter but participating does. And I am blessed to go, as are all of us. What a great day! 😄 ❤
Many people believe there is only negative in being married to an addict (it does not matter the addiction of choice- they all look the same ugly in a spouse and are all rooted in false beliefs, lies, sin and pride). There are many advantages and blessings. Some are the following:
1. Being humbled every day allows a contrite heart to flourish. It is next to impossible to feel like the center of anyone’s life or attention who already has their addiction as the center. Yes, the downside is that often even God and obedience comes after the addiction, but I am showing the positive and it is true that you cannot help but be humble when married to an addict. This helps a lot when working on contrition with the Lord. And that is a hurdle to faith most people really struggle with.
2. You depend on and trust in God only and that is very healthy spiritually. You cannot depend on the addict often but you realize quickly (because of the contrition mentioned earlier) that you can always depend on and trust in God.
3. You love truth. You realize that the addict, although in denial with lies and false beliefs, is riddled with guilt and fear all the time and lies like they breathe. This is so obvious and lies upon lies gets old. So you love truth. I read my Bible all the time, loving every word, every truth it is. You truly appreciate truth more than most do.
4. You accept and learn to be content in God. You appreciate everything good in life, really appreciate every blessing, every kind word, every word of encouragement, every friend who sticks around, every prayer where you feel God there with you. You appreciate more. You are thankful for a home with air conditioning, transportation, food, all those blessings people take for granted. You are content with unimportance. You are happy with every blessing and know full well that God is enough every day, every time, every moment.
5. You develop a thick chin. You realize that what God says about you is the truth and are thankful for it. You realize the truth is not in the accusations and put downs and anger/rages that always accompany the adddictions because of their nature and guilt and fear. You realize that God lovingly made you and sleep alone for years or not, you are beautiful inside, God lovingly made and gifted you. You are incredibly beautiful because God’s glory shines through you. So beautiful!
6. Forgiveness comes easily. You have to forgive so much and are humbled and contrite that forgiveness comes super easily. You have to forgive to survive. You forgive because you love. And you forgive because God forgave you and you want to be forgiven and have your prayers answered.
7. Greater faith in God. You rely on God for every encouragement, every good thing, every solution to every abuse, every emotional anything, healing when stress is getting to you, every comfort when lonely, everything. This is invaluable in a walk with the Lord and makes us closer. And heaven will be so much more beautiful!
8. You show them God’s true love. When you stay with an addict, you have the chance to show them love. In fact, the act of staying married to the addict is the strongest show of love along with the forgiveness. Love is patient, kind, self-sacrificing, humble, real, truthful, joyful, peaceful, faithful (even if they are not), etc. We are responsible for how we love. And love is purely beautiful.
9. You are in obedience to God. God hates divorce and if it can possibly be avoided, it should be. There are many blessings and rewards for obedience to God.
I hope you understand better the blessings involved in being and staying married long term to an addict. No one is perfect except Jesus. Staying married is your choice I would say largely because of these blessings and love. And God’s love is the greatest force I know.❤
My son’s team won their game tonight 10-7 and it was a good game. There are few blessings in life as rich as two teams of young men working together and united excited about playing a good game and winning. These young men do not play for a participation trophy, they usually throw those n out. They play to win. It is the joy of the game, the unity/family of the team, the crack of the bat hitting the ball, thr thrill of the run, but much moreso the win. Winning is so satisfying. Just playing is fun but not the goal.
And as Christians, we are on this journey of life to win, not just to play. We want to win souls for the kingdom of God and not just hide in a corner with our gift of salvation. I want to hear God pleased with me for reaching out to people and obeying Him not just squeeze in by the seat of my pants. God is worthy of our best efforts and not just being a Christian in secret.
Just like in baseball, we have to want to win. And God will always help us and our team. ⚾❤
I am so very thankful for so many blessings in my life.
Some blessings at the time were disguised as curses. But God knew what He was doing.
Some of the biggest wounds of my life became the greatest blessings.
So many blessings were taken for granted and left unacknowledged and unnoticed.
Yet blessings they were and I look back on them and appreciate God’s consistent love.
He has remained the most faithful Person of my life and only true lover of my soul.
Better late than never at thanking God for everything…the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful.
All those things were there on purpose and made you the precious gift you are.
Such is the love of God. Thank you, God!!!♥
People take for granted I am as hooked on Facebook etc as they are. I have been anti-social media sober for 1.5 years now. I do not ever regret it. I have peace and joy in my life and benefit extensively with human interaction with my family. I have time to do everything I need to do. I look people in the eye and have time for a face to face conversation. It is beautiful.
People seem horrified when they learn I am not on anti-social media, wondering how I survive. This makes me smile but I do not judge, I was there at one point. I just know that not one ounce of me misses it or longs for it again. My life personally is richer without it. The biggest bonus is that God has His proper place in my life and my Bible reading is an actual Bible and not FB posts. Lol ❤
Many people are fasting for the health benefits. That is secondary to me. I fast first and foremost as an obedient act of worship to grow closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. I listen crisper to the Holy Spirit, something I have been working on. I want to please my Heavenly Father. That is it. It is simple. And I have done a weekly fast since September 4th of last year. I never regret it. I find it beautiful and it has enriched my relationship with God. I live Him first and foremost of anything in my life. And the thought of spending more quality time with Him is exquisitely beautiful to me. He nudges me to hear Him more. I adore His glory I see around me and in me. There is love and majesty together when I consider Him. The Bible teaches and corrects me with truth, which is so sweet to me. And there are always many needs of mine and others I bring to Him for solving and He does. So my faith grows every time. This is why I fast. This is why you should also.❤
I will be praying and fasting tomorrow. I implore any of you friends who really love the Lord to join me. And if you cannot fast for some reason, please pray with me during meal times. So we are on the same page, my prayers will be:
1. Please purify my soul and my family’s soul and wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ. Please forgive our sins and renew our strength and purity with the Holy Spirit so we may be in your presence and pray and fast today.
2. The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6), with emphasis on “Please, dear Lord, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
3. Please may God’s prayer warriors be strengthened and focused to pray and fast for your good to triumph over the enemies’ evil.
4. Please protect and strengthen our President Trump and all those officials doing good and please give them wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor with You and man. May those who have done evil to be caught and prosecuted and be found guilty and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Please allow this to change their hearts to repentance and salvation.
5. Please help our country defund and abolish abortion and injustice so you will forgive and bless our country as a whole.
6. Please allow people to be released from their addictions to tech and social media/phones and pleasure addictions which have become their idols. Please release and help them so they are ready when you come soon for your church.
7. Please purify your church and strengthen her to prayer and fasting and worship together. Destroy the evil within her and cast out demons who have infiltrated. Help your church to remember her job of missions, winning souls for your kingdom, worshipping You. Please help and bless Your persecuted church around the world.
8. Please save as many as you can from the clutches of Satan and soften their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord for their eternal soul’s sake.
9. Please strengthen and heal my friends and family for prayer and prepare their hearts and souls for your coming.
10. Please keep the demons and evil ones who have chosen to worship them from being effective in the evil they want to do. Stop their plans, dear Lord, and protect us. May all the evil plans come to ruin and be hindered and useless and may You, Lord, and Your angels win every battle.
11. We love and pray for Israel. We pray for her peace and that the Jews will realize that Jesus is their Messiah and be saved. Praise be the God of Israel. Please bless her.
12. We worship you, dear Jesus. We give you praise, honor due you and adore your glory. You are worthy of all our love and adoration and worship. You are holy and true.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.❤❤❤