The most fantastic thing I ever started doing was walking in the mornings. I have written of its benefits in a previous post, but I am just so thankful for that time doing walkie talkies and getting healthier and more energy. And now I am slimming down noticeably. The walkie talkies are my favorite part, though. That is my fun way of saying prayer walk. I walk and talk to God. It is beautiful and adds a spiritual dimension to something which would otherwise be primarily physical. The spiritual connection to God starts my day better, focuses me, motivates me, enriches me and makes me a better person. God does all that. It is beautiful and I appreciate Him so much. Try it. 😄❤
So I am walking 5 days a week for 3.5-3.8 miles per day every early morning (so as to do so alone), and have done so for a few months now. Here is what I have noticed:
1. I sing better. My voice is stronger and better sounding and more precisely pitched. This is due to greater breath support.
2. I do not get sick. Everyone around me, in the house, whatever could be sick but I am not.
3. I feel better. Breathing is easier. Moving is easier. My clothes fit better.
4. I look good. Well, better, and keep having people tell me that.
5. I have more energy. I walk and then can dig ditches and clean trees and haul concrete and rock, transfer aggregate, whatever and still cook and clean and homeschool the kids and coach homeschool P.E. (yes, they roped me in again), clean mom’s place and walk her dog, and whatever else I have to do. I go all day. I sleep well, but that is a good thing.
6. I am less stressed. Life is stressful now. It just is. And walking helps a lot. I am nicer and ready for the day because I pray the whole time I walk, making sure to start the day right, alone with God in the world He made.
These are the main benefits. I would encourage you to try it and see how n it benefits you.❤
This morning, my son started walking with me. At 7am. For 1.4 miles minimum. Awake. And this is a huge deal because he, like me, is a night owl and not a morning person. It took having children to change me and here he is changing now. I attribute a lot to the Naval Sea Cadets he is a part of and most of it to God’s answer to my prayers to help him grow into a godly man. I believe this is a strong step toward responsibility and health and being ready to serve and I am very proud of him. And he kept up with me, who has been walking all this time! And he is bigger than me now, so I want him to be humble in spirit and teachable. Praise God for providing the overcoming of this milestone into manhood, even a tad bit early. I am so thankful!! ❤
I walk along the path during the sunrise.
The heat is not yet a struggle.
The birds sing and find food, the butterflies also
The wind wafts in waves over my skin.
Not entirely awake, I move one step in front of the other
With each, my eyes open more
And I am struck with the immense beauty
The calm and noise balance luxuriously.
I realize God is already up for He never sleeps
I say good morning and He does too in heart and nature.
His gentleness does not offend in the early hours.
God’s presence is always a delight.
How rich my walk when He is there.
And He is always there.❤❤❤
It is beautiful to move. 3 miles this morning. About a mile pushing the mower lol. More walking at the park with my daughter later in and a good swim. I am happy to be motile and am thankful God has made us healthy and movable. How boring would it be to stay in the same spot all day? How thankful I am just to be able to move around and exercise. We must count our blessings. There is a good one… motion. ☺❤
So, I doubled my normal 1.5 miles, making it 3 miles this morning for my walk. Bow, this cracks me up because I thought I was walking fast. Lol it though took me 45 minutes. Even if I don’t count the slow walk cool down afterwards, that would still make it 40 minutes, 13.3 minutes per mile. When I was running 5K runs, I was in great shape (before my daughter was conceived, 8 years ago) and could run a mile in 6.5 minutes. Oh how the mighty have fallen! Lol I am walking not running (because I love my knees) but still. I will have to keep trying. Maybe God will bless my efforts. ☺ I found have much more energy now and am less stressed, so maybe He already has. ☺ Have a beautiful morning and dat, everyone. God love you! ❤