I decide to go walk with my daughter.
I decide not to helicopter my spouse.
I decided his choices are his.
I decided to stay close to God.
I decided to walk with my daughter rather than police my spousal rights.
I decided to pray and let God work.
I decided policing him has been policing me.
I decided to be free.
I decided God avenge all wrongs against me.
I decided not to myself.
I decided to go walk with my daughter.
I decided right for her is my greater right.
It is beautiful.
It is peace and joy from God.
I am free.
Free is beautiful.❤
It has been a week of sickness and rainy cold weather so I have not had my walky talky (prayer walk) for that long. I got to walk this morning and although it was cold, I treasured each step. It starts my mind out right to have prayer time alone with God and invigorates my body to walk, gets my lungs clear and heart pumping. So I am very thankful for a good walk and look forward to getting back to walking regularly. It helps. Not much helps as much as that. ❤
No matter what else is going on, how great is the truth of the road! The journey may be in circles but movement begats healing and truth is what moves me. On the road, in step with my prayers to Almighty God who made everything I look at, there is a vivid truth reality which propels me toward the better. Peace and joy flood in through the steps from the road through my shoe into my soul. God reminds me again I am not alone in this world. He is with me on the journey. I walk on.❤
The most fantastic thing I ever started doing was walking in the mornings. I have written of its benefits in a previous post, but I am just so thankful for that time doing walkie talkies and getting healthier and more energy. And now I am slimming down noticeably. The walkie talkies are my favorite part, though. That is my fun way of saying prayer walk. I walk and talk to God. It is beautiful and adds a spiritual dimension to something which would otherwise be primarily physical. The spiritual connection to God starts my day better, focuses me, motivates me, enriches me and makes me a better person. God does all that. It is beautiful and I appreciate Him so much. Try it. 😄❤
So I am walking 5 days a week for 3.5-3.8 miles per day every early morning (so as to do so alone), and have done so for a few months now. Here is what I have noticed:
1. I sing better. My voice is stronger and better sounding and more precisely pitched. This is due to greater breath support.
2. I do not get sick. Everyone around me, in the house, whatever could be sick but I am not.
3. I feel better. Breathing is easier. Moving is easier. My clothes fit better.
4. I look good. Well, better, and keep having people tell me that.
5. I have more energy. I walk and then can dig ditches and clean trees and haul concrete and rock, transfer aggregate, whatever and still cook and clean and homeschool the kids and coach homeschool P.E. (yes, they roped me in again), clean mom’s place and walk her dog, and whatever else I have to do. I go all day. I sleep well, but that is a good thing.
6. I am less stressed. Life is stressful now. It just is. And walking helps a lot. I am nicer and ready for the day because I pray the whole time I walk, making sure to start the day right, alone with God in the world He made.
These are the main benefits. I would encourage you to try it and see how n it benefits you.❤