I still miss my Daddy. Don’t get me wrong, I am celebrating that he is whole and happy and in charge of the choir or farming in heaven or something he loves. I know he is happy and carefree now and full of life and basking in the rewards he accumulated doing great things on this earth. No doubt in my mind at all. But in this shell, I still miss him. I am depressed no more, God healed me of that, but I still get very quiet now and again. He always had my back. He was one of a very few. He loved me unconditionally. I was his little girl and still am. So, I have taken on his oxe-like strength and greater humbleness and asked God to retain these reminders of him and it has been granted. I also sing better now and I think that was also a gift passed down, a blessing. I remember his eyes dancing every time I walked in the room and his enormous smile. God is my Daddy now and I am content most days and only when I am weak is it not enough. That is dumb though, because God loves me perfectly. I guess that imperfect love that is real is ok to miss sometimes too, though. It is ok. I am ok with still missing him. But I know I will see him, probably sooner than later, the way the world is pushing things along. I am ready. Be ready too.❤
Every house is different. In our family, my husband is serious. Very serious. Almost grouchy often when people are not serious. Therefore, that leaves me, Mom, to bring on the joy to the home. I opt to get in trouble and endure the “Where is the adult in the room?” reprimands and criticisms so that my kids may learn the valuable skill of joy no matter what. We sing together a lot, dance, celebrate God’s creation, share jokes, play to help concrete the joy. It is something children need desperately. In truth, we all do. It is a lesson of infinite value. Joy is hope through misery, light through darkness and our strength when founded on Jesus. “The joy of the Lord is my strength”, David said. Absolutely it is. Don’t forget tod incorporate joy into your day. Every day remember again. ❤
There is a huge difference between being intentionally wrong and being accidentally wrong. It is truly a huge difference but sometimes the result is the same. For instance, my husband attacks me for both. He treats them exactly the same. In fact, he will stack them up with other past wrongs. There is no white out or eraser. And I am feeling miserable right now because, human that I am, I screwed up yet again and made an accidental mistake (which I am quite sorry for and humbled at having made) and am in the doghouse. I am made to feel like a criminal, foolish, stupid, disposable almost. Every mistake bears the a came fruit. Criticism at imperfection is always awaiting me. I can do little right, it seems. And I have this one joy in the midst of such blatant disregard for my apologetic and humbled disposition. God is generous with forgiveness. I have a heavenly Father who holds my often clumsy and awkward outgoing nature in His hands and forgives me of my flaws. He understands them. God loves me more than judges me. God cares for me and my well being more than He wants to prove I am flawed and in need of Him. He wants to give me joy not steal it, give me peace not damage it, love me not wound me. I have this amazing Heavenly Father God who loves me awkwardness I am and motivates me by love to want to be better. God is not critically picking apart every wrong move or word but is gently guiding me to the write moves and words. It is a comforting reminder that I am unconditionally loved. You know what, so are you. Thank God! ❤
1. Be observant. Wait a minute before you offer anything and see what they really need. Don’t ask outright or you will get a want and not a need and that only lasts momentarily, but see for yourself what is needed. Often this involves prayer and asking the Holy Spirit for guidance. Remember: providing a want lasts for a day but filling a need is much deeper and longer lasting.
2. Don’t answer their need by filling your own. This is huge. My mom always used to tell me “Men always comfort with sex”. I am not sure about always, but it certainly is tried often. But when someone needs a hug and to share space and tears with someone, sex is really not what they want or need and is getting something for you out of it. Just an example but as a same sex help, if you give chocolate when they need company, you are treating them with what would benefit you and not what they need or want. In essence, either scenario above is a distraction and the problem remains. Remember: to help someone, you must consider their needs and not yours.
3. God is invaluable in helping anyone. To help anyone without praying with them is futile and shallow and unwise and plain ridiculous. As if you have unlimited strength to give them. As if you are all knowing to see into their soul and determine who they need to forgive. God is. God does. Call on His help before you help at all with them. They will how closer to God when He helps them. They will know that all good things come from God, our Savior and Healer. Remember: Do not forger God as Healer, Wisdom, Love and Truth.
4. Touch them. I don’t mean touch them inappropriately but we are Jesus’ hands and feet and people need hugs and reassuring touches. Some more than others, but everyone needs some level of the security and reassurance that comes with touches and hugs. Remember: We are Jesus’ hands and feet.
5. Put them first and just love. The people who comforted me most when Daddy died and my best friend died to me and another friend died all at the same time were the friends and family who had plenty of other things to do but took time out to just not say anything but be in the room with me. My cousin Nicky gave us a place to stay and just loved on us. That meant the world to me. My best friend texted with me support when her van would not allow her to come over. Another friend far away phoned me. Friends here came over. I was in no condition to talk but they coexistence with me and just let me know I was loved and not alone in the world. That is huge when you lose three from a very small circle of loved ones. Just that someone still exists who loves you. You don’t usually have to say a word. Just exist with them. That is healing in of itself. Remember: just be with them and love them.❤
So my ex (my son’s dad) started a new job driving a bus from hotels to the four major Disney theme parks. Tonight, we dropped my son off to ride around with him for a few hours to have time together without his new wife, quite literally the wicked stepmother from Cindarella and her ilk. And so it was new. We rode around exploring restaurants and shops and Disney Springs area while they rode on. It was quite a new experience to everyone’s contentment and happiness. And old remembrances washed over us as afterward we ate at Ponderosa, which I did not know still existed and which tastes exactly the same as I remember it from my childhood with daddy. ❤ And I tell you again and again that God is exquisitely good and it was again very good day with Him. Oh how I love God who continues to bless, regardless of what else goes on in the world. God blesses us as He blessed King Hezekiah who obeyed Him. It is truly a wonder how greatly God blesses, hears and protects those who obey and sincerely want to please Him!❤❤❤
Well, I have been working so hard on cleaning up and hauling away our yard and our neighbor’s and mom’s since Irma plowed through that I have not lived up to my visions of helping everyone I had before the storm. Everyone has power around me, thanks be to God and our good power company, so that sort of food help and air and water help is not needed. And everyone is pitching in so much that I can focus on cutting up and hauling away our dilapidated jasmine fence. Anyone wanting very, extremely very healthy jasmine roots, you are welcome to them, by the way. And tomorrow we will do the same. I am so impressed with our city and community and everyone chipping in and helping serve. It is incredible to see. In some towns you see the worst after a disaster, looting, destroying, making worse, but here I see caring, helping, serving, thriving. And this is hope for America to get back to that sort of unity. That is who we are made to be. That is a form of godliness. That is good, beautiful behavior. Love it! Praise God! ❤
I wanted the world to know that God is way bigger than any hurricane. A lot of us Christians in Florida and otherwise have been fasting and praying to Almighty God for protection and provision and to break down the hurricane faster and make it not devastating. God answers, and He has already tuned down the power some. God is so very good and answers prayer. Pray with us. Just pray. God is the only One stronger than a hurricane and faith and prayer releases His power to us. God loves us and you so very much!!❤❤❤