More than any other joy-enriching exercise is music. I am listening now to A Clampton Christmas and feel joy in me grow. It makes me happy he is still good at and doing the music he loves. I love also the classics. No one on the planet could do White Christmas better than the dreamy rich Bing Crosby. So many classics of Christmas makes me so happy but moreso was our church singing Christmas hymns of old together, all worshipping our Jesus, whose birth is the reason Christmas is joyful and worth the celebration. So, listen to some good Jesus celebrating music today and tomorrow and have a joyful, very merry and blessed Christmas celebration, the best birthday party ever!!! I love you and more importantly, so does Jesus!!! XOXO😄❤🎁🎄
So my son is officially a Teenager today!!! Woo hoo! So, we already had the party but today he picks the menu and we started the day with bacon and scrambled eggs. And if course, we are roller blading and swimming today… his favorite things. And I am so blessed by God with this amazing boy. He has had so much difficulty with step parents but he has had a lot of good stuff and strong Bible teaching and is developing into a really good, godly man. I am thankful and blessed that God is blessing him with ledership and integrity and strength. I love my boy! God is so good and I am very appreciative!❤
Busy moments are mostly behind us now and I am gradually catching up on chores and getting back to full days of school and house cleaning and groceries. There certainly are a lot of “normal” duties this housewife handles. Thank God for watering my garden for me as the poor neglected plants would have looked their neglect if it weren’t for God who sent rain and cared for them. A little weeding and we’ll be back on track there. And I caught up on great blogs I had missed… thankfully they were in print and saved for me to catch up on.
These were busy 2 weeks. That was an understatement. I ignored all tech and my phone for days, just did life and birthday parties (that I make a lot of) and dinners and meetings, some consults, starting the Christmas songs with the kids at church (making me the kids choir director now), pe coaching, missionary meeting in Avon Park, Busch Gardens, homemade pies and cakes for birthdays, sticking to my diet so cooking separately for my meals, baseball games, fasting and prayer, all so hectic and crazy.
And the biggest take – away from busy times in life is this:… (dramatic pause… deep breath)… God is with me wherever I go and I can talk to Him all the time. So simple. He loves the big things we do for Him and the million tiny things we do for Him. We just keep Him first. And I used to get behind in my spirit when I got busy and as a leader and worker by nature, busy used to be distractions away from God. But praise God, He has transformed and corrected that thinking and helped me embrace how He made me. I am His and He is always with me. And my busy is worship to Him because I include Him in it all and keep Him first and most n important in my mind and heart. ❤
Yay! Birthdays!! In these first two weeks of October, we are celebrating three birthdays in our home. Today is my husband’s, tomorrow is my daughter’s and 12 days later is my son’s. Many parties, much baking, days off school, special meals, all on top of normal life and busyness. So wow! Busy couple of weeks.
Despite this, I am still fasting on Wednesdays because I am needing that closeness to the Lord. So fast with me or just pray with me at meal times if you would also like to be closer to the Lord and unify our prayers for greater intensity and resolve before the Lord God. Celebrations without thanks and praise to God are just shallower and less meaningful. So pray on and we will pray on while living this crazy life together. 😄❤
Today was my Daddy’s birthday. I have been thinking of him a lot. I miss him. More than that, I wish my kids could have known him better. But I assembled a list of key facts and morality codes he lived by that will benefit them and anyone seeking wisdom.
1. Daddy always told the truth. He did not lie and detested lies. Yes, you have to face the consequences if you did something wrong but the consequences for lying are a slow death inside and misery along the way so far worse. Truth is always the right answer.
2. Daddy loved God, family and country in that order. No exceptions. Daddy would fight to the death for any of those and in that order. He was a junior high Sunday school teacher and church song leader, a faithful husband, great provider, loving father, and former Marine and lifelong farmer. This was proof, which you always provide when you believe in something.
4. Daddy was very generous and secretive about it. He loved anonymous gift giving and was quite sneaky about it. He saw more rewards for helping without notoriety or reward, knowing then that God gives greater eternal rewards in heaven. Pretty smart cookie.
5. Daddy saw black and white and had no time or patience for gray. It was right or wrong. Dismiss the wrong and live the right. No in betweens, no compromising the right ever.
6. Daddy loved nature. He tended his fields with a passion for their Maker and appreciated, knew and coaxed the soil and plants to perfection. He was an amazing farmer and loved nature.
7. Daddy sang like an angel. He was big and strong, had taught boxing in the service, ran and repaired heavy equipment, farmed, was tough as nails but always sang like an angel for Jesus. You use the gifts you were given. You just do.
8. Daddy put everyone first. God was first and foremost but everyone followed after. He never saw a stranger, picked up hitchhikers, helped countless people move, took great care of us and all our family members, helped out friends with car repairs, even after a double shift. If he could do it, he knew he should.
9. Daddy loved me unconditionally. He was the only one other than God. Yes, sometimes he disagreed with my choices, but he alway was there loving me, there for me, eager to provide for me, had my back. Always. My rock. My secure person.
10. Daddy was faithful to my mom. He is the only man I know of who has been. No porn, no cheating, turned off raunchy shows or even commercials, looked away at trashy dressed women, never even side glanced. He was faithful to her, even when she weighed over 300 pounds. Didn’t matter, that was his sweat heart and he loved her. Proved it.
So, I hope everyone sees the example of my daddy as one to follow as a human. Of course Jesus is a greater example, but daddy pretty good too. I am proud and honored to have been his daughter.
Happy birthday in heaven, daddy! I sure do love and miss you.❤❤
Ever get to a date that used to be memorized and celebrated but that person is no longer anywhere around for one reason or another, they passed to heaven, they left traumatically, they abandoned you or moved on from your life, they are far physically now, whatever the case may be? But the date remains planted there because it had rooted deeply before the separation occurred. That day is still a celebration because that person is still important, still loved, still valued for lessons learned. This is one of those days for me. A day of celebratory contemplation and missing.
And we do not have a memory like God does. It is so cool and powerful that God can choose to forget. We cannot. The scene can dim over time and fade to sepia tones but it can still be recalled, it does not disappear. Which is why we must be careful what goes into our minds. But God can forget. And it says in His Truth (the Bible) that His love impel Him to choose to forget our sins when we confess and repent and ask Him to remove them through Jesus. It disappears, as if it never existed. The enemy will use our memory against us and recall it to torture us, but those are lies and the truth is that God has lovingly chosen to wipe them out of history and existence. Just don’t go back to it.❤
I am 44 today! Love even numbers. So my hubby took us out for a nice steak yesterday for my birthday and Valentine’s Day even though he isn’t 100% yet. So I feel very blessed! And my best friend sent me a care pack of wonderful things (she is awesome!), so I feel doubly blessed!! And I am healthy and my voice is coming back so feel triply blessed! And I had some consulting work yesterday so am even more blessed! I used to believe that counting your blessing was a nice thought, kinda cheesy, but if you start doing that for real, you run out of room in your heart really fast for the bad stuff. It works! God bless you and have a blessed day!❤🎉🎊