I have the habit of fasting on Wednesdays and have since I started early last September. Why? Several reasons:
1. I have fasted weekly because I am very very busy and am overwhelmed with how much there is for me to do, how much faith God has in me to work for Him. Fasting empties me of myself and makes me rely once a week fully on God for the strength and sustenance to get through the day.
2. Fasting allows more direct prayer connection to God. It is obedience because we are commanded to fast, and God always rewards obedience with closer relationship to Himself and blessings.
3. God provides so much clarity while I fast. Any doubts or cloudy thinking are erased and clarity in truth is left. I am not sure this is a Biblical n promise for fasting but it certainly is my personal experience. He provides truth and the rest burns off through the day.
4. God answers prayer. Faith is increased when fasting because it is putting your money where your mouth is to trust God for energy and health during the busy day and He honors faith every time with answering prayers. Yes, He answers prayer anyway, of course, but when fasting, the communication is much more intimate and direct and answers are more personally given and acute. And the more specific the prayer, the more certain the answer.
6. Forgiveness is easy when fasting. I had enemies before I started and have none now except God’s enemy Satan and his demons. I have no enemies in people form. I realize my enemies are not flesh and blood. I get that so much now that I hold no one accountable for their sins against me or myself accountable for sins against me or anyone (I have asked forgiveness of everyone I have wronged to the best of my ability) and wisdom and understanding replace that. When strongly in the presence of a perfect and loving God, those menial (seeming huge at the time) do not matter. Even the worst of crimes against me or hardest times gone through, I am now thankful for most because it brought me closer to my Heavenly Father God. I tell on Him more.
7. God is closer to us because fasting lets Him be. Distractions meander off. When hungry, I am more focused on prayer. When not cooking for myself or eating, I have more time with Him in a more focused way. Distractions of life also leave. They just do
These are the blessings from my gift of fasting. Fasting is a gift of obedience to God in meaningful, deep, powerful prayer. The gift is mine really, as I feel better and stronger than at any other time in the week. And it a gift to God He rewards for I am truly putting Him first in His rightful place in my life. This is a reset for me also to set the tone for the rest of the week to maintain His place as first in my life always.
Although it is commanded for us to fast, it is amazing how many Christians I suggest fasting together with that have a million excuses why they never fast. They don’t want to. I understand most won’t want to fast weekly, but monthly at least due to the end times condition of the world.
I firmly believe if more Christians did fast, more good would be happening, more blessings occurring, more people saved, more souls saved for the kingdom of God, more churches growing and not diminishing or closing. Fasting with prayer is the most powerful tool in our arsenal. And thr enemy really wants to keep you from it because he knows it. FAST and PRAY. See if God does not bless you richly for it. Get someone in church to fast and pray with you. Open your heart to God in this obedience and see what beauty He unfolds in your life and what protection He provides you. ❤
Adopting a dog from the SPCA with heartworm has affected my empathy and mothering skills. After 2 days, I love our furry friend and he is one of the family. We have to exercise him a little but without stress or strain, have to give him medicine twice a day before his first shot Thursday and keep him very calm after that for a month. It is deliberate care, intentional love. We knew going in he was sick. And we love him all the more for it. We know it is up to God through thr medicine to heal him or not. We love him and he is very loved until we know for certain if it is forever or not.
And I think that is how it is with God. I understand that better. He really loves us and adopts everyone who humbly asks Him to. He knows we are iffy. He knows we may screw up, knows we may reject treatment or choose to run away. He loves us all the more when we really try to please Him, as when Blue tries to please us. It is endearing. We accept him as He is, hoping to nurse him to health, and God must feel that way with us, accepting us as we are and hoping to nurse us and love us to greater health and joy wanting the best life for us. I get it now. And I praise God and love Him all the more for it.❤❤❤
Most people I know are broken. Most often you don’t see their brokenness until they are humble enough or comfortable enough to show it in front of you or just can’t help but show it because of the depth of that brokenness. The few unbroken are in denial/lies, ignorant of their brokenness or about to be broken. So brokenness is a truth of humanity. This is due to the pride sin we inherited from the first prideful sin in the garden. But I digress. Blame is stupid and unproductive. It remains that people are broken.
Now, as a healer (someone who basically cares about the broken and has faith that God can heal them), I help heal the broken. How is that when I myself am also human and therefore also broken? The answer is the faith thing. The answer is always God. I cannot heal a person, even as a doctor, unless that person humbly admits there is a problem and believes there is help available to them. Humility has to be present and a humble prayer to God to step in and heal. Then healing starts. It is rarely if ever immediate. Healing starts. God does this to not overwhelm us and form a careful scar that is helpful and not dead. And how do we develop humility in people to start this? Prayer and loving on the person. It is a process, a relationship. This is God’s plan. A community that helps each other and cares for each other in worship to Him. Until restoration happens in heaven, we all have to be broken together and share love and knowledge that humble prayer promotes God’s healing useful, beautiful scars. It is the only way it works beautifully like that. Love plus humble prayer in faith.❤
Wanna kill about 6 hours? Lol Seriously, my daughter and I spent about 6 hours total (2 Saturday and 4 today) working on these two crafts. The penguin family still needs their wings and feet glued on, but their houses are adorable. (The craft is from Youtube and the houses are plastic bottles.) And we had some good learning and bonding time. God is very good and we have a lovely Christmas memory. Oh how we love celebrating Jesus’ birthday!!❤❤❤
There is little that is more completely exhilarating than a family team project where everyone works together on a project and accomplishes something bigger. Today, we did that and the results are beautiful and will last. Even if the rocks give way over time, we have that unified bonding memory together. It is beautiful! God is so very good!!❤
To me, friends are equal to family. I make few friends but adopt them fully invested into my family and personal space. My friends are always fully welcome to anything of mine and they are exceedingly precious to me. I am not sure if being brothers/sisters in Christ has made my friendships so much more powerful with that essentially deep spiritual connection. The reason I do not know is that no close friend I have adopted has ever been an unbeliever/unsaved. So I do not know for certain but I am pretty sure it plays a strong role in bonding. Thank you, beautiful friends. I pray for you and love you and am here if ever you need me. ❤