My kids are appreciating school now and so am I. It just took a few days to get into it. Now, we are having fun. It helps that we are not doing many extra-curricular activities this year. I said no to coaching this year so we have more freedom to travel and bring the dog to PE. Also, we are just having tons of family time and more going on to help with because we are third and seventh grades now. More is expected because they are growing into their skin more. The dog really has changed everything. We go to the dog park about every day and that is fun. We just have so much fun. It is working now. And it n is good for us all as a family. Love it. Praise God! Reinforced for me that if you obey, God rewards by making it fun in time.😄❤
God yet again answered my prayers and thank you to those who prayed with me. All went well and with joy and peace with babysitting our grandbaby. I had asked for prayer because we had seen him only twice in his life and never for long, so we knew it would be quite a shock to him and adjustment for us. He is a very busy little man but we had happy moments and even an ever so brief nap. All is well and God remains constantly and perfectly good!❤❤❤
Talk Face to Face Out Loud to a Real Person Today
The Gift of Fasting
I have the habit of fasting on Wednesdays and have since I started early last September. Why? Several reasons:
1. I have fasted weekly because I am very very busy and am overwhelmed with how much there is for me to do, how much faith God has in me to work for Him. Fasting empties me of myself and makes me rely once a week fully on God for the strength and sustenance to get through the day.
2. Fasting allows more direct prayer connection to God. It is obedience because we are commanded to fast, and God always rewards obedience with closer relationship to Himself and blessings.
3. God provides so much clarity while I fast. Any doubts or cloudy thinking are erased and clarity in truth is left. I am not sure this is a Biblical n promise for fasting but it certainly is my personal experience. He provides truth and the rest burns off through the day.
4. God answers prayer. Faith is increased when fasting because it is putting your money where your mouth is to trust God for energy and health during the busy day and He honors faith every time with answering prayers. Yes, He answers prayer anyway, of course, but when fasting, the communication is much more intimate and direct and answers are more personally given and acute. And the more specific the prayer, the more certain the answer.
6. Forgiveness is easy when fasting. I had enemies before I started and have none now except God’s enemy Satan and his demons. I have no enemies in people form. I realize my enemies are not flesh and blood. I get that so much now that I hold no one accountable for their sins against me or myself accountable for sins against me or anyone (I have asked forgiveness of everyone I have wronged to the best of my ability) and wisdom and understanding replace that. When strongly in the presence of a perfect and loving God, those menial (seeming huge at the time) do not matter. Even the worst of crimes against me or hardest times gone through, I am now thankful for most because it brought me closer to my Heavenly Father God. I tell on Him more.
7. God is closer to us because fasting lets Him be. Distractions meander off. When hungry, I am more focused on prayer. When not cooking for myself or eating, I have more time with Him in a more focused way. Distractions of life also leave. They just do
These are the blessings from my gift of fasting. Fasting is a gift of obedience to God in meaningful, deep, powerful prayer. The gift is mine really, as I feel better and stronger than at any other time in the week. And it a gift to God He rewards for I am truly putting Him first in His rightful place in my life. This is a reset for me also to set the tone for the rest of the week to maintain His place as first in my life always.
Although it is commanded for us to fast, it is amazing how many Christians I suggest fasting together with that have a million excuses why they never fast. They don’t want to. I understand most won’t want to fast weekly, but monthly at least due to the end times condition of the world.
I firmly believe if more Christians did fast, more good would be happening, more blessings occurring, more people saved, more souls saved for the kingdom of God, more churches growing and not diminishing or closing. Fasting with prayer is the most powerful tool in our arsenal. And thr enemy really wants to keep you from it because he knows it. FAST and PRAY. See if God does not bless you richly for it. Get someone in church to fast and pray with you. Open your heart to God in this obedience and see what beauty He unfolds in your life and what protection He provides you. ❤