Every journey is ultimately made alone, internal decisions determine our present and eternity. That is only enhanced when we choose to have a precious relationship with God our Heavenly Father. Also, we can choose to befriend whoever we will. Otherwise, we are alone and can make choices we think are best. If these friends love God too, the friendship is blessed and beautiful. And if the friends do not love God, they will be a source of discouragement for you and energy must be put into showing them how precious life is with God. Our choices matter and who we choose to spend time with and put energy into matters very much.😄❤
I am stepping out soon to go with some lady friends to the Fancy Flea, a flea market annual event in Plant City. This is stepping put of my comfort zone by socializing with women (I get along better with guys in general), leaving the kids at home (I always have them) and shopping (which I hate- no, detest). Why? Because I was asked by a friend and am seeing the need to be more sacrificial in my friendships. I have used the mostly valid excuse that my husband wants or needs me home, I have to take care of the kids, have to walk the dog, have a hundred things to do to maintain the house and garden, need to stay home and teach, run the kids all over, etc. I have done little to nothing with my friends. I want to have them to dinner, go places, have tea parties, but my husband hates company and I have made allowances for that since day 1. I guess my inner hostess is pushing up through all this submission, perhaps my pride has not all been conquered or perhaps the length of the unfairness has erupted my anger, I am not certain, or perhaps my desire to go home being ignored and cast aside for so long is infuriating my inner rebel.
All these culminate to allow me to go shopping with friends soon without children. We will see what happens but it is my first outing with girlfriends in years. And maybe I don’t need to go and shouldn’t, but maybe this small rebellion will keep me from going nuts with homesickness. I miss my family desperately. And when I have felt like this in my life, I make a way to visit. My hands feel tied and I am, inside myself, starting to wriggle. So I will be praying over this. I really don’t want my inner desires to ever take over my commitment to God and faithfulness to humbleness. I do want God to be first always and His will for me to be bigger than any will of my own. And that is what I need to focus on.
Sorry for rambling and this stream of consciousness, but I figured out my desire to go shopping (which I detest) with the girls and why I am conflicted about it. It is way deeper than I imagined. And thinking it through has helped me see why I may not go but why I may instead get out in nature alone and pray for greater endurance and humbleness. I don’t spend a dime (that I am short on adter 3 birthdays this month) doing this and will be better for it. I will get precious time alone in nature with God.
I have changed my plans for the best. Praise God!😄❤
When our fear is ramped, our eyes are on us, guaranteed. When our faith in God is ramped, our humble focus is on God, guaranteed. You cannot operate deep in faith in God and still be unable to function due to fear. It is impossible. Faith and focus on God is love and that drives fear away. There is no room for fear when you are operating in faith in God. It is impossible and you are not being truthful if you say otherwise. And we cannot overcome a lie with another lie, we must call it as it is and then we can fix it with humble faith and focus on God and be set free from fear. Knowing and admitting is half the battle. The second half is deciding to trust (act out your faith in) God and focus on Him.❤
To a significantly great extent, we are given the ability to choose to remember or forget. Now I realize that traumatic events take a great deal of time and forgiveness more than time to get to that place, but it is possible. I am proof of that. I remember what went down, but no longer remember smells or details or pain or sounds and yells. I chose to forgive long ago and more recently asked to forget and God granted me that to the extent a human mind can. We have to remember some or it may be repeated or help someone else somehow. Also, it becomes a beautifully remade scar filled with God’s diamond dust healing to give Him glory for healing us from it and making us prettier and humble.
But I really went down a rabbit hole there because I want us to all start practicing the remembrance of good things. In fact, I suggest we get a notebook or memo app and write down who and what kindness was done to us in our day. Thr smallest thing, the biggest thing. We can choose to remember. And then we can, at the end of the day, week, month, whatever, look at them and smile and thank God for those blessings. It may encourage you. You may see patterns. You may appreciate more. You may whine less. You may share the idea with someone else who seems down a lot. It may help them. Old fashioned people call that counting our blessings, but make that fresh and call it “choosing good” or “good things to remember” or something. Maybe post some good thing to lift someone’s face to God for a minute. Maybe change the world one good thing at a time.😄❤
I will be praying and fasting today (Wednesday). I implore any of you friends who really love the Lord to join me. And if you cannot fast for some reason, please pray with me during meal times. So we are on the same page, my prayers will be:
1. Please purify my soul and my family’s soul and wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ. Please forgive our sins and renew our strength and purity with the Holy Spirit so we may be in your presence and pray and fast today.
2. The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6), with emphasis on “Please, dear Lord, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
3. Please may Your prayer warriors be strengthened and focused to pray and fast for your good to triumph over the enemies’ evil.
4. Please protect and strengthen our President Trump and all those officials doing good and please give them wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor with You and man. May those who have done evil be caught and prosecuted and be found guilty and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Please allow this to change their hearts to repentance and salvation.
5. Please help our country defund and abolish abortion and injustice so you will forgive and bless our country as a whole. Please provide for and help the orphans and widows. Let us not pass by our brothers and sisters unmoved but help them with Your love and empathy, knowing You adopted us as well and provide for us.
6. Please allow people to be released from their addictions to tech and social media/phones and pleasure addictions which have become their idols. Please release and help them so they are ready when you come soon for your church.
7. Please purify your church and strengthen her to prayer and fasting and worship together. Destroy the evil within her and cast out demons who have infiltrated. Help your church to remember her job of missions, winning souls for your kingdom, worshipping You. Please help and strengthen and bless Your persecuted church around the world.
8. Please save as many as you can from the clutches of Satan and soften their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord for their eternal soul’s sake.
9. Please strengthen and heal my friends and family for prayer and prepare their hearts and souls for your coming.
10. Please keep the demons and evil ones who have chosen to worship them from being effective in the evil they want to do. Stop their plans, dear Lord, and protect us. May all the evil plans come to ruin and be hindered and useless and may You, Lord, and Your angels win every battle.
11. We love and pray for Israel. We pray for her peace and that the Jews will realize that Jesus is their Messiah and be saved. Praise be the God of Israel. Please bless her.
12. We worship you, dear Jesus. We give you praise, honor due you and adore your glory. You are worthy of all our love and adoration and worship. You are holy and true.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.❤❤❤
Many of my friends seem to have been born insecure, born worried, born unsure. I never understood that because God gave me the spiritual gift of faith from birth so I was always confident in Him and myself. I was born confident. I was incredulously sure of things I knew very little about yet. My less confident friends always envied my confidence and we’re amazed by it. Truth be told, I was made that way and had little to do with it other than exercise it.
But being born confident has its own issues and easy-coming sins. I tended toward pride and independence (which sounds good except that now I realize I need to depend on God). In fact, I had a judgmental bent back then and a certain annoying know-it-all obnoxious quality about it. Even if I was right, that is hideously annoying, I see now.
And here is why I say all this. There is no person on this earth perfect or together or flawless. No need to look out the corners of your eyes at someone and wish you had their confidence or sureness or strengths. You have your own. Maybe it is different or not as in-your-face as some of us loud folks, but I can guarantee that when exercised, your gift rocks. And cautious has its advantages (your guardian angel doesn’t have to work so hard maybe). Embrace who you are and thr beautiful way God made you. Rise to it. Develop it and see how invaluable you are in the kingdom of God. That is a beauty He loves and rewards, and I personally find it inspiring and alluring. Be God’s.😄❤
Some people want bad things to happen. I used to think this was ridiculous but I see it. Always focused on the bad or in a constant hunt for it and focus on anything remotely unpleasant and blowing that into significance are all ways they prove this. Some people do not want n peace and prove it these ways. They want war and ugly and bad things because that is matches what is going on inside of them or they are used to it.
Instead of that, in direct opporition to it, if we embrace Christ, He gives peace and joy inside to all you to desire and work for good things. We have control of this and we do much greater even than that by yielding control to Jesus who is bivgerhan any bad habit or bad thing.
Focusing on God and accepting His love allows us to make good choices, which put any resulting bad thing into proper perspective, which is, eternally – speaking, insignificance. Choose today. You are stronger than you think (with God) and have the power to choose. 😄❤