I had to get over things not going the way I had planned it in my head and even heart. Here is the thing: I have my way and God has His way and He knows infinitely more than I do.
So, my husband’s quote is “But where are your feet now?” Meaning, you had all these plans, but we are here right now somehow. Stop blaming so and so for screwing it up. Where are your feet now?
Do what you can where you are. Accept that God wants you to be here now for a reason and loves you. Then accept again and forgive again and do what you can where you are. Maybe the other lights burned out in your area and you are it. You are the only light of truth and love and hope where you are. Maybe you are growing to be a better light. Maybe you rebelled and turned around to start again.
No matter, you are here now and you must be here now. Stop wasting time. It is very valuable now, more than ever.😄❤
Ok, I just stayed up way too late watching an old war movie called Kelly’s Heroes with my husband. I have been desperate for a movie and this presented itself. I will regret it through a sleepy PE class tomorrow.
Watching it, however, brought several thoughts to mind:
1. Keeping your eye on the prize. People without hope muster hope, strength and resolve when they focus on a great reward ahead. We also should focus on the many rich and eternal blessings inherent with drawing close in relationship to God.
2. People are often motivated more by bad than good. It is a reality. Children and people are often bribed to shut them up and sway their opinion. This is a sad reality and must be noted.
3. People’s motivation is often misinterpreted when they do something good. Again, a sad reality but so often true. God looks at the heart above all else, though. He does not get fooled ever. Something to keep in mind.
4. Older movies assumed people were intelligent and today’s seem to infer the opposite. I thought this unfair but very cool about movies of old.
5. People will surprise you. Always. Sometimes for worse but sometimes for better. People have free will and can choose good or evil. But they can choose good so we shouldn’t give up on them.
Anyway, sure there are others but I need to sleep now. Love you.😄❤
Ok, so in my younger days, ahem, God had to whack me in the head to get my attention and teach me lessons I desperately needed to learn to be useful in His kingdom and even right now in this place with these people. I was largely on my own in many ways and was grossly independent with an annoying kind of false humility (which is based on an enormous pride) and I needed training tempered with love (most often) to get my hard-headed attention. I desperately needed to be humbled and alone with God. It is funny thr clarity that comes with decades of maturing, mildewing and contemplation.
The hardest lessons ever were always the same lesson: I am little but loved and God is great, solely worthy of worship, and the only One trustworthy who loves me unconditionally.
It seems a simple lesson. I was not simple. I knew enough to be dangerous but not wise, highly intelligent and over-thinking everything but with an arrogance I am almost embarrassed by now. God has always been about simple presentation of that lesson. And He has always been about a relationship with me, amazingly, and is big enough to have that with everyone who accepts Jesus as their Savior.😄❤
Most everyone close to me has a birthday in October. There are a few in other months, but everyone under my roof (other than me) entered this world in October. My sister, friends and about a hundred other people who wanted our potential party venues (lol).
So now, October stretches and has quite nearly closed its eyes for yet another year. It rears it’s head and declared all are a year older and rests peacefully another year. She rests her head blissfully unaware of how she forced me to work tirelessly between her awakening and sleeping.
But through it all, I praise God for seeing me and you through another October and I am so very thankful for His blessing through the month and year up to now. I long to go home but He is blessing me and even freshly blessed by a friend encouraging and praying with me today. So, sleep, dear October, and praise God!!😄❤