God is faithful. When others are not, He is. When I am not, He is. God’s faithfulness to help and love us is the main reason we can trust Him and should. He is still in control, has already won the long game, knows what is best for His kingdom and wants your best to be our best for Him. Honor Him today for being so good and faithful. It makes every single thing better! 😃♥️
There is something special and hopeful about completing a task. Yes, it may take a lifetime or 10 minutes, or anywhere between these, but the feeling of exhilaration is always there when we stick to our guns, be faithful, use our God-given resources, reason it out and fulfill the task. I am sure Jesus enjoys the satisfaction of fulfillment of prophecy also. I believe that when we are close to the Lord, we start to think like He does to some extent and appreciate what He appreciates. So this fulfillment of doing what we say brings great joy. Those who are unfaithful to a commitment deprive themselves as much as sin against God and others. Fulfillment has vast rewards now and later, eternal rewards. So worth doing the right thing on a consistent basis. 😄❤
I was just thinking about my daddy. He passed two years ago now and I often remember him fondly. His greatest legacy was one of faith. He was faithful. Not just was he a faithful husband to my mom but he was all in, faithful to the core to his faith, his family, his country, his beliefs, his land. He did not stop being what he believed in my whole life. And that is why I am the way I am and believe so strongly in being faithful, being all in to God, my family, my country, my beliefs. It carries down.
Be faithful, dads. You are doing great. Even if you screw up a bit, just swallow that pride and ask forgiveness.. wives and kids are in general very forgiving… and keep being faithful. Or start today to make that legacy to pass down, it is never too late. Just please do keep working at it. You are the head of your house/family and families are why America is so great. You are vitally important to make or break everything, which is proved by how heavily society is attacking you. Be courageous, be all in and be faithful. Like my daddy, the best man who ever walked the earth (other than the God-man Jesus, of course).❤
So, I sang my song this morning (“Take Me Back” from a previous post) at church. Of course, I humbled my heart and prayed before singing. I have not gotten nervous on stage for, oh, 30 years or better except when perforning an original song. With my songs, I have always gotten nervous. I think it is a part of yourself you are sharing with everyone else, putting yourself out there for criticism that always came. And I have never had a supportive spouse that encouraged my songwriting or even bothered to read my songs or hear them. And my husband is very critical so I keep them to myself.
Anywho, today like I said, I prayed. And herein Prooves the Faithfulness of God for He took over. I said “Let’s do this” and we did. And for the first time ever doing my own songs, I was not nervous. I even spoke before and told them the Scripture reference it came from and what it was about.
Many people came up and encouraged me and told me the song God gave me inspired them and they loved it. I am so pleased! God is faithful even when we are not and loves b us so much! He longs to draw close to us and just love n on us. That is why He helps every time we need Him and humbly ask. He is so good!!!😄❤
Many people believe there is only negative in being married to an addict (it does not matter the addiction of choice- they all look the same ugly in a spouse and are all rooted in false beliefs, lies, sin and pride). There are many advantages and blessings. Some are the following:
1. Being humbled every day allows a contrite heart to flourish. It is next to impossible to feel like the center of anyone’s life or attention who already has their addiction as the center. Yes, the downside is that often even God and obedience comes after the addiction, but I am showing the positive and it is true that you cannot help but be humble when married to an addict. This helps a lot when working on contrition with the Lord. And that is a hurdle to faith most people really struggle with.
2. You depend on and trust in God only and that is very healthy spiritually. You cannot depend on the addict often but you realize quickly (because of the contrition mentioned earlier) that you can always depend on and trust in God.
3. You love truth. You realize that the addict, although in denial with lies and false beliefs, is riddled with guilt and fear all the time and lies like they breathe. This is so obvious and lies upon lies gets old. So you love truth. I read my Bible all the time, loving every word, every truth it is. You truly appreciate truth more than most do.
4. You accept and learn to be content in God. You appreciate everything good in life, really appreciate every blessing, every kind word, every word of encouragement, every friend who sticks around, every prayer where you feel God there with you. You appreciate more. You are thankful for a home with air conditioning, transportation, food, all those blessings people take for granted. You are content with unimportance. You are happy with every blessing and know full well that God is enough every day, every time, every moment.
5. You develop a thick chin. You realize that what God says about you is the truth and are thankful for it. You realize the truth is not in the accusations and put downs and anger/rages that always accompany the adddictions because of their nature and guilt and fear. You realize that God lovingly made you and sleep alone for years or not, you are beautiful inside, God lovingly made and gifted you. You are incredibly beautiful because God’s glory shines through you. So beautiful!
6. Forgiveness comes easily. You have to forgive so much and are humbled and contrite that forgiveness comes super easily. You have to forgive to survive. You forgive because you love. And you forgive because God forgave you and you want to be forgiven and have your prayers answered.
7. Greater faith in God. You rely on God for every encouragement, every good thing, every solution to every abuse, every emotional anything, healing when stress is getting to you, every comfort when lonely, everything. This is invaluable in a walk with the Lord and makes us closer. And heaven will be so much more beautiful!
8. You show them God’s true love. When you stay with an addict, you have the chance to show them love. In fact, the act of staying married to the addict is the strongest show of love along with the forgiveness. Love is patient, kind, self-sacrificing, humble, real, truthful, joyful, peaceful, faithful (even if they are not), etc. We are responsible for how we love. And love is purely beautiful.
9. You are in obedience to God. God hates divorce and if it can possibly be avoided, it should be. There are many blessings and rewards for obedience to God.
I hope you understand better the blessings involved in being and staying married long term to an addict. No one is perfect except Jesus. Staying married is your choice I would say largely because of these blessings and love. And God’s love is the greatest force I know.❤