Heaven is our encouragement for ourselves and for encouraging each other. And I am torn between just really looking forward to/thinking about heaven and working harder to share Jesus and help other people be saved and go to Heaven to. I almost feel n guilty about dreaming about heaven when so many people are not going to be there because they have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. So I can look forward to Heaven but focus now on reaching as many as I can with the Good News that Jesus Saves all who humbly ask Him to. And Heaven will be that much sweeter when I am there in person.😄❤
I have a lot of responsibility. This is nothing new to me but there are some tricks I have learned in handling them all. I prioritize. It is manageable when you take the time to figure out which tasks get first attention and which can fall through the cracks. At one point, you will have to make that decision and if you have thought it through and decided ahead of time, it is less stressful when it happens.
For instance, first priority to me is what has eternal value or consequences. Therefore, church and devotions and prayer get top billing. If my kids want to talk about the Lord, I drop everything else and have that discussion. Church times are precious and I take my responsibility as curch pianist and ladies’ Sunday School teacher very seriously and prepare and am there on time. I don’t sleep in and miss church ever. Some days I would like to but serving God is more important than my comfort.
Then my kids and husband’s health and well being is next priority because my primary role after being a follower of Jesus Christ is being a wife and mother. I cook for my kids and keep the house clean enough to be healthy, I teach, I assist, I encourage and value them. If they are ill, I nurse them to health and pray with them. I incorporate my first priority into my second, showing them God’s love consistently and teaching when I can.
Then comes everything else. And everything else happens keeping in mind the first two priorities.
The head of everything should be God. This is His rightful place because He made everything and is in charge of our eternity also. And He is amazing and loving and truly good, so that makes it wonderful and everything else easier.
No one is perfect, and I don’t always succeed, but success happens much more often when you have goals correct.❤
I used to love the idea of a cabin in the woods close to the farm. It is still a beautiful thought. I saw one today being built step by step in the woods in Canada. It was sweet.
No matter what little dream you have, it is never too late to realize it. I may have to wait for heaven, but I am quite sure God has built what we have been passionate about for us, or something even better with that flavor. But dreaming is never bad. It gives hope, lightens thoughts, brings happiness.
The dream of helping troubled youth is still there also. And someday I may realize that dream as well. In the meanwhile, I play piano at church, teach Sunday school for women, homeschool my kids, be the best wife I can be for my husband and the Lord, and help wherever I can.
This is the deal. We work faithfully for the Lord with the bigger lingering dream in our minds and hearts and who knows. Keeping your ear to the ground and a bit of well timed blessings and sweat equity may find your hopes someday becoming a reality. Keep your dream. In doing so, you keep your passion. And in being faithful to God n in obedience, you prove you are worthy of that dream.❤
I have always been an ambitious person, full of energy and life and a go-getter, a natural leader and delegated worker who tirelessly gets things done with a smile. I inherited all that from my excellent daddy. Just how I am cut.
Through the many years I have been alive, my ambitions have changed. And here is my highest ambition of all time, the greatest accomplishment of greatest worth, what I am desperately working on within myself… staying humble in spirit.
Once mastered, humbleness of soul and spirit allows a flow through of God. Not because we are so strong but because we are weak and know we need Him and then He is so so so strong through us. This is the highest goal, no greater goal exists. Humble spirit has the deepest relationship with God because it is the most honest. God is everything and we are very little in light of eternity in this vast universe. That is truth. ❤
I am responsible today for my thoughts, words and actions.
I can make decisions which honor God or hurt His kingdom.
I am responsible for those decisions.
I will be careful then to make the right decisions today.
I choose to make good decisions.
And I can and will humbly pray for help from God to do this.
And He will help because He loves me and He is more than strong enough to help.
So today His peace and joy will envelop me.
I will be His loving light to honor Him.❤
From January to May is our busy season. We have baseball, homeschooling, PE, cleaning my mom’s house, church twice a week, chirch and our band practices, band gigs- a lot of them, caring for the dog for these months of heartworm treatments, quilting, patio remodeling to install windows, car trouble we are fixing, playdates, care for my kids, household care, birthdays of friends, etc. Busy season.
I have friends and acquaintances say they are too busy to pray and read their Bibles. And I can say that is a blatant lie. I am busier than any of them and I make the time to pray all through the day and read my Bible, blog to share and encourage, etc. You have time for what you want to do. Granted, I gave up all social media and movie watching and any other distracions to make time, but that is because God is my priority. You always have time for what you want to make time for. Always. Decide God comes first and you secure your eternal future and achieve peace and joy amidst love to help you now. Life without God is a rut and eternally meaningless and depressing bit with God there is strength and help and eternal security and meaning and blessings.❤
I will be praying and fasting tomorrow. I implore any of you friends who really love the Lord to join me. And if you cannot fast for some reason, please pray with me during meal times. So we are on the same page, my prayers will be:
1. Please purify my soul and my family’s soul and wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ. Please forgive our sins and renew our strength and purity with the Holy Spirit so we may be in your presence and pray and fast today.
2. The Lord’s Prayer, with emphasis on “Please, dear Lord, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
3. Please may God’s prayer warriors be strengthened and focused to pray and fast for your good to triumph over the enemies’ evil.
4. Please protect and strengthen our President Trump and all those officials doing good and may those who have done evil to be caught and prosecuted and be found guilty and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Please allow this to change their hearts to repentance and salvation.
5. Please help our country defund and abolish abortion and injustice so you will forgive and bless our country as a whole.
6. Please allow people to be released from their addictions to tech and social media/phones and pleasure addictions which have become their idols. Please release and help them so they are ready when you come soon for your church.
7. Please purify your church and strengthen her to prayer and fasting and worship together. Destroy the evil within her and cast out demons who have infiltrated.
8. Please save as many as you can from the clutches of Satan and soften their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord.
9. Please strengthen and heal my friends and family for prayer and prepare their hearts and souls for your coming.
10. Please keep the demons and evil ones who have chosen to worship them from being effective in the evil they want to do. Stop their plans, dear Lord, and protect us. May all the evil plans come to ruin and be hindered and useless and may You, Lord, and Your angels win every battle.
11. We love and pray for Israel. We pray for her peace and that the Jews will realize that Jesus is their Messiah and be saved. Praise be the God of Israel. Please bless her.
12. We worship you, dear Jesus. We give you praise, honor due you and adore your glory. You are worthy of all our love and adoration and worship. You are holy and true.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.❤❤❤