God wants a relationship with me, with you, with every beautiful person He purposefully made. And this beautiful relationship is not between equals, but He sees us as adopted children, and He knows full well that we are limited, weak created beings. He also knows He is none of those things but His love and mercy and grace drive Him to want us to be near Him. And our giving to God involves giving our worship, attention, obedience, respect, praise but also equally our burdens, attacks, griefs, squabbles, etc. He knows we need His help and wants us to come to Him for it. 😄❤
So in our Bible study tonight, we talked about how God speaks to us. The consensus, based on Scripture, is that the Bible is the primary tool for speaking to us and the Holy Spirit helps us understand the Bible. And praying is how we speak to Him. And it n is certain that the Holy Spirit will never guide you to any thought or action contrary to the Bible. So we must know our Bible.
I found this interesting, considering how many people claim the Lord speaks to them and tell them all kinds of things not necessarily or entirely inconsistent with the Bible. I wonder who they are hearing. Perhaps they are hearing their own desires in their heads? Are they hearing imposters?
Regardless of these questions, I believe the Bible is the key and the Holy Spirit backs it up every step of the way. God will never contradict Himself or His inspired Word. Worth a good deal of thought.❤
Ok, so in my younger days, ahem, God had to whack me in the head to get my attention and teach me lessons I desperately needed to learn to be useful in His kingdom and even right now in this place with these people. I was largely on my own in many ways and was grossly independent with an annoying kind of false humility (which is based on an enormous pride) and I needed training tempered with love (most often) to get my hard-headed attention. I desperately needed to be humbled and alone with God. It is funny thr clarity that comes with decades of maturing, mildewing and contemplation.
The hardest lessons ever were always the same lesson: I am little but loved and God is great, solely worthy of worship, and the only One trustworthy who loves me unconditionally.
It seems a simple lesson. I was not simple. I knew enough to be dangerous but not wise, highly intelligent and over-thinking everything but with an arrogance I am almost embarrassed by now. God has always been about simple presentation of that lesson. And He has always been about a relationship with me, amazingly, and is big enough to have that with everyone who accepts Jesus as their Savior.😄❤
Tomorrow (Wednesdays), I will be fasting. I am again imploring all Christians to join me in prayer (all) and fasting if able. I generally post my usual fasting prayers so we are all on the same page. My heart has been heavy lately and I implore you all to pray with me as I will be praying these prayers:
1. Dear Heavenly Daddy, may your name be praised and revered in all the earth! May Your kingdom come and may Your will be done on Earth as it always is in Heaven. Please give us what we need today. Please forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Please do not lead us into temptation and deliver us from the evil one. For everything good is Yours and from You.
2. Please forgive any sins I have committed, either knowingly or unknowingly. I freely and gladly forgive anyone who has sinned against me. Please also forgive my family’s sins and strengthen their faith.
3. We Christians need to humble ourselves and pray and seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways. Please help us to do these things right now so that You will hear us from Heaven and will forgive our sins and heal our land. I know we as a church have become too much like the world and we repent. We wish to please You more than we wish to please ourselves, and only You can satisfy our every longing anyway. We relent and resign to worship You.
4. Please bless and revive Your precious church all over the world. Hold us in Your precious loving arms. Draw us to You. Wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb and power of His resurrection and fill us fresh with the Holy Spirit.
5. Please unite our country under You and give our leaders wisdom, knowledge and understanding and lead them in Your truth and righteousness. Thank you for President Trump and other good leadership You have blessed us with- keep them safe and help them succeed. May those against You, Lord, be found out and punished and their plans not succeed. Bless our armies and forces for upholding justice and freedom and love to all. May we protect life and defund and stop abortion and all murder so you can bless us even more. Thank You that we support Israel, may it ever be so.
6. Please help our unsaved loved ones. Please soften their hearts toward You and help them to be humble and be saved. We know it is not Your will that any be lost and we are in agreement.
7. Please be with Israel also and may peace be fluent in Israel. Protect and save them from their enemies and guide their leaders. Help them to realize Jesus Christ is their Messiah. We love these people You love.
8. Thank You, dearest Lord, for all the blessings You provide us all the time. They are so many- You are so generous and I love You and praise Your great name! You alone are worthy of praise and worship and deserve every bit of it. I love You so much and put my will under Your will.
In Jesus Christ’s holy name we pray, Amen.❤
I know a lot of lonely people. Some people get married because they don’t want to be alone. Some people tolerate toxic people in their lives to keep from being alone. People get depressed and mostly because they feel alone. Feeling alone causes sadness, grief, sorrow, hopelessness even. Loneliness is harmful, detrimental even.
The truth is that we are never alone. Lonely is a lie from the devil. Sometimes we are alone with God. We can only enjoy the benefits (peace, joy, love, comfort, etc) of God’s presence when we humbly open our hearts and line of communication with Him. The moment we do that, He rushes into our hearts to provide love and comfort and let us feel Him there. Yes, may be some time and prayer before a beneficial person is provided, but His spiritual presence is no less real.
Lonely is horrible and a lie. Alone with God is beautiful and the truth! You get to choose!!😄❤
Every journey is ultimately made alone, internal decisions determine our present and eternity. That is only enhanced when we choose to have a precious relationship with God our Heavenly Father. Also, we can choose to befriend whoever we will. Otherwise, we are alone and can make choices we think are best. If these friends love God too, the friendship is blessed and beautiful. And if the friends do not love God, they will be a source of discouragement for you and energy must be put into showing them how precious life is with God. Our choices matter and who we choose to spend time with and put energy into matters very much.😄❤
If you wait ’til they deserve it or ask forgiveness, that robs you of precious time you could be full of peace and joy and it robs God of your full service and worship. It is also selfish and prideful to withhold forgiveness for it shows God you are not thankful for His gift of forgiveness grace. Forgive now. Right now. If you don’t feel you can, do it anyway and ask God for help as you do. This shows humbleness to God and obedience which He always honors. And He forgives us lavishly ONLY as we forgive others. Stop living in the painful past of wrongs done against us. Be grateful to God for all the blessings you may not have attended to by your unforgiveness and forgive now and live a beautiful life right now. Let it go. Stop trying to control something evil and keep sinning by not forgiving. Forgive now. It will make your life soooooo much sweeter and free. God will help as soon as you decide to do it and ask Him for help. Join the peace and joy life God intended. His grace is sufficient for all your needs.😄❤❤❤