No matter what else is going on, how great is the truth of the road! The journey may be in circles but movement begats healing and truth is what moves me. On the road, in step with my prayers to Almighty God who made everything I look at, there is a vivid truth reality which propels me toward the better. Peace and joy flood in through the steps from the road through my shoe into my soul. God reminds me again I am not alone in this world. He is with me on the journey. I walk on.❤
Christians are called to be the light because our faith is based on Jesus Christ who is the Light of the World. And where Christians do not live in the light where they are, they are like a flashlight turned off…. no good to anyone and selfish as snot. Being the light is sharing our inner light wherever we go. Living the light turns on the fruit of the Spirit (our love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) so everyone can see it. That way those in darkness (without the Holy Spirit) can snoteeee another better life option that heals and restores and makes everything better in every way. Live the light today. ❤
The most beautiful truth is that Jesus loves me so much that I can have thought I walked a million steps away from Him and He remains faithfully and lovingly only one step back to His open arms. He is always only one humble prayer away, no matter how far we go. Jesus loves us that much. ❤
Despite opposition, we walk on.
Despite opposition, we pray.
Despite opposition, we prolong
The life given to us by grace.
Despite opposition, we muster faith,
We fight on our knees with head bowed.
Despite opposition, we press on
Focused and awaiting a crown.
Despite opposition, with head held high
We know we are stronger than they
Who oppose and divide, the takers of life
And we know God is still the most great.
Once upon an October,
We celebrated three birthdays.
We had 4 parties also then
And deepened our relationship.
We feasted and went to the beach
And somehow still did school
But these very busy October’s
Are really very cool.
I miss those who are gone from life
I wish they partied too
But I know the party up in heaven
Is really hopping too.
So here upon this October,
With all its busy charm.
We celebrate our family with God
And He blesses us all month long.❤
Hi!! I spent a lot of time with the Lord this last week. I always want more time but unending time will be soon coming. For now, I have some thoughts:
1. Less is exceedingly more. I don’t think we can put a low enough priority on this world’s toys. They are meaningless. I mean entertainment, internet, news, trends, cellphone apps, boats, collections, etc. All can be used for good but you would have to be wise for that and very intentional. Things can easily distract us from the Lord’s presence and work.
2. Do it immediately. When someone asks you to pray for them, assume they want you to pray with them right then and there. If not, write it down in their presence and then do it. If God whispers in your ear to talk to someone, do it right then. If you are prompted to do something like read a verse of the Bible, do it right then. Waiting invites not doing and you may have missed an opportunity that you will be held accountable for missing.
3. Swallow your pride before any response or prayer. Everything is based on knowing who you are in Christ and that you are not Him. Pride is and declaration that God is not needed here and that is very dangerous. It defeats/hinders/occludes relationship with God and relationship with God is our goal. Pride is how angels fell. Pride kills the spirit eternally. Take the pride off. Visualize taking off the robe of pride and stepping into God’s presence with humbleness. God can grow and perfect and use humble but will come against pride. Remember that we are important because of God but we are nothing next to Him.
4. Serve and worship the right Master. Everyone is attending too someone. Who you spend the most too him and attention on is who you are closest to and who you worship and love and serve the most. That is your idol. And if your idol is anyone but God, it is idolatry and will be punished, either in this life and/or the next. God made us. God made everything. He deserves all the glory and worship and praise. Nothing else matters eternally.
5. God wants everyone saved. People choose to accept or reject Him. No one can change a person’s mind. We all choose for ourselves whether to be saved or not. God does not send anyone to hell. People send themselves. God is a God of love. He made hell to punish Satan and the fallen angels for corrupting and persecuting and destroying who He made and rightly so. It was not intended for people but those who follow and serve and obey these demons choose to be against God and be evil. God will not force and none to remain His child and none He made them. They choose to be with Him or be separated from Him forever. Separated is a really big deal and we should remember that we support one or the other with every decision and word and prayer. There is no both, no gray with God. He is far too holy for that. Be intentional for you arne without realizing it quite often.
6. God is not sterile and neither are we. Be you but represent God. This point hit home deeply yesterday. I just started laughing because this bird made the worst tweet/call I have heard as I was praising God for His creation. I said “not that one” or something along those lines and just laughed. God increased my joy, like He was laughing too. He would not have given people a sense of humor if He did not have one too. Look at the variety of living creatures He made and their behavior and movements and calls and noise. So many colors, so much movement. God is a God of vibrant life. Remember this when life seems dreary, because that is an indicator you are slipping away from God. He is lively and pure and just fun and sometimes downright funny. Celebrate life with Him. He loves that!
I am certain more thoughts will pop up but I wanted to share what I am learning on my journey in hopes you are encouraged. I missed you and love you!❤
Sometimes I wonder at the present
I wonder how on earth I got here
So many twists and turns on the path
That led me to You.
You held my hand when I let you do it
You walked with me each bad decision through
You kept pace with my neck breaking speed
And kept loving me.
So now as I sit with my gray bonnet
Wondering how it was so much has passed
Thinking of all the times I turned down
The very wrong road.
And times like this moment of quiet reflection
Alone in my bedroom, how can this all be?
And I look with deep quiet and see Your same hand
Is held out to me.
I take it.
I am held.
I am content.❤