Ok, here me out, control freaks. I was one of y’all. I was probably amazingly good at it, compared to most. I could bend and manipulate things in my desired direction, always with the best of intentions for the common good (my basis for justification). I wanted things to work out best for those I loved. I made it happen. Boy, was I stupid. Why stupid? Because it always bombed later because (and here is the crux of the matter) I AM NOT GOD. I never will be. It is stupid to play God and stupid to believe we ever have a handle on control of anything except ourselves, and we even need His help for that.
Now, good thing for us God is loving and gives us this free will thing so we can choose for ourselves whether to be stupid or smart and come to Him for help with this life thing He gave us.
The perception of control is a construct of lies based on an enlarged ego/pride problem. So being humble and contrite is the way to break it and be smart. And being smart is always better than being stupid, even always. So stop fighting for control except of yourself and meet up with God. This is where wisdom begins. 😄❤
When you focus only on yourself, you limit your solution, thoughts, wisdom, etc to that which you already possess. Deeper reflection on self will never change that. You are then as far as you can go.
When you serve others, ponder God, read His Word, speak to others, you can learn infinitely more and grow in leaps and bounds in eternal ways. ❤
God is closing one door for me at our church. I would have, in the past, kept fighting for the door, banged on it, kept working for door rights. I am no longer that person. It looks like what past-me would have called a quitter or wimp or lazy, but new wiser me realizes there are more doors. I am certain I would be able to serve elsewhere if I cannot serve here. God has a lot of churches who need a good pianist and kids choir director. So, I will not fight this door’s closing but will shake the dust off my feet and will listen for God’s leading to point me to His choice of door for me. And may God make wrongs right in His time and provide for the great kids I have had the honor of training. Praise God for His knowledge of my next service appointment!❤
I decided to write a new book… Wisdom from Fasting will be the title. The reason I will write it is because I want every Christian to fast and see the enormous blessings of this obedience. God draws so close and gently to you. Prayers under the obedience and faith of fasting are answered personally. God draws close. It is the most beautiful experience of God’s love and care. This weekly obedience is the best decision of my life.😄❤
Busy moments are mostly behind us now and I am gradually catching up on chores and getting back to full days of school and house cleaning and groceries. There certainly are a lot of “normal” duties this housewife handles. Thank God for watering my garden for me as the poor neglected plants would have looked their neglect if it weren’t for God who sent rain and cared for them. A little weeding and we’ll be back on track there. And I caught up on great blogs I had missed… thankfully they were in print and saved for me to catch up on.
These were busy 2 weeks. That was an understatement. I ignored all tech and my phone for days, just did life and birthday parties (that I make a lot of) and dinners and meetings, some consults, starting the Christmas songs with the kids at church (making me the kids choir director now), pe coaching, missionary meeting in Avon Park, Busch Gardens, homemade pies and cakes for birthdays, sticking to my diet so cooking separately for my meals, baseball games, fasting and prayer, all so hectic and crazy.
And the biggest take – away from busy times in life is this:… (dramatic pause… deep breath)… God is with me wherever I go and I can talk to Him all the time. So simple. He loves the big things we do for Him and the million tiny things we do for Him. We just keep Him first. And I used to get behind in my spirit when I got busy and as a leader and worker by nature, busy used to be distractions away from God. But praise God, He has transformed and corrected that thinking and helped me embrace how He made me. I am His and He is always with me. And my busy is worship to Him because I include Him in it all and keep Him first and most n important in my mind and heart. ❤
1. God is the most important, wisest, most powerful and by far most loving and holy Person. He is everything most important in the universe.
2. I am a little girl in the scheme of things and staying humble allows God to work through me for good.
3. An Eternal lens makes everything of God appear large and everything temporary insignificant so problems retain their proper small size.
4. Bible reading, prayer, the Holy Spirit in us and fasting are the most powerful tools we have and with them we can do anything at all. Hands down. They are also the greatest gifts you can give another person.
5. Jesus the Messiah is our salvation and only way to be holy for heaven, so the only way to be eternally saved.
6. Little things matter to prove your character and moral integrity. Apart from that, keep them little.
7. People are more important than animals, stuff, fairness, rudeness, actions. Their souls matter more than what they do to you. Stay humble and try to lovingly help their souls. Try then move away and keep praying for them if they are unreceptive and unwilling to be loved.
8. No one escapes God. Everything is seen by Him and He will hold responsible every evil word, sustained thought or deed. Better confess and repent and possibly be punished in this life than for eternity later.
9. No sin is bigger than God’s ability to forgive.
10. God is always near and ready to talk. Any feeling that He is far or does not care is a lie from the enemy. Do not believe it. Reject that lie. God is waiting for a humble prayer always.❤
I have no wisdom of my own, knowing my limitations as a finite individual. However, God gives n wisdom generously to whoever asks Him with a humble, pure heart. And I know that wisdom from God n is more precious than any amount of treasures on this planet. God’s wisdom is better than time, better than riches, better than power, better than honor, better than the best luxury or vacation mansion. How can that be? God’s wisdom provides the big picture, the eternal perspective and view of God and Jesus that allows and instructs you to live in thr luxury of the fruits of the Holy Spirit- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control, with an enormous injection of hope. ❤ ❤ ❤