Ok, I just stayed up way too late watching an old war movie called Kelly’s Heroes with my husband. I have been desperate for a movie and this presented itself. I will regret it through a sleepy PE class tomorrow.
Watching it, however, brought several thoughts to mind:
1. Keeping your eye on the prize. People without hope muster hope, strength and resolve when they focus on a great reward ahead. We also should focus on the many rich and eternal blessings inherent with drawing close in relationship to God.
2. People are often motivated more by bad than good. It is a reality. Children and people are often bribed to shut them up and sway their opinion. This is a sad reality and must be noted.
3. People’s motivation is often misinterpreted when they do something good. Again, a sad reality but so often true. God looks at the heart above all else, though. He does not get fooled ever. Something to keep in mind.
4. Older movies assumed people were intelligent and today’s seem to infer the opposite. I thought this unfair but very cool about movies of old.
5. People will surprise you. Always. Sometimes for worse but sometimes for better. People have free will and can choose good or evil. But they can choose good so we shouldn’t give up on them.
Anyway, sure there are others but I need to sleep now. Love you.😄❤
Since the weather did not cooperate with her swimming idea, we went to the movies and saw Aladdin. It was such an enjoyable movie, better than the cartoon, in my opinion. So good. And on the way home we stopped for ice cream. We have needed this time together, just us. She has been making bad decisions lately and so I am determined to spend more dedicated time with her and guide her better. She is searching for how to act better in a more developed body and hormones are going crazy. So, as parents, our role is as guide and leader, present to do so. Punishment rarely works without proper loving guidance and leadership applied. So we cleaned the house and clothes together the last two days and today vacation to the movies. We had a great time and we will continue moving forward together. Praise God!😄❤
Gig was rained out and rescheduled, so we had an open day. So we went out to the movies! We watched How to Train Your Dragon 3. It was great. We all loved it. Feel good movie and quite beautiful and satisfying. Loved it. And afterward we had some KFC. So a wonderful family day. Just have to do that once in a while and it is well worth the time to get in some family bonding time. So good.😄❤
On Netflix now, I am watching the Billy Graham Documentary. I highly recommend watching this. It is encouraging and inspiring. What a beautiful obedience! ❤
Every American who loves freedom and especially every Christian who loves God and equality and fairness and respect for all people should watch this movie Hilary’s America. We watched it tonight free on Amazon Prime and it was full of enormous doses of truth (and you know from my blogs that truth is a passion of mine and I can sniff it out) and hope. Americans and high school students and graduate students should watch this movie. Christians should watch this movie. Pastors should watch this movie and encourage their congregations to watch it for themselves. ❤