Fashion does not matter to me, character matters. People wear horribly uncomfortable things like nonsensical high heels because it is “fashionable” or popular. Foolishness. It does not matter in the least except that I have rarely seen someone in high heels be able to serve the public or work, they can barely walk around and rarely comfortably. We are meant to develop our moral character and deepen our relationship with God and that translates to loving and serving other people. How can you do that when you can barely walk? Is what is deemed fashionable and thus self-serving more important that serving the Lord? High heels is just one example. I could say the same for being glued to your phone in place of serving the Lord. These shallow, selfish things are distractions and hindrances from spiritual growth and relationship with the Lord. Just saw it again and wanted to put my two cents in. God is and always should be more important to us than the world. And if we lived that, revival would happen. ❤
Being a Christian requires purposeful effort. So does being a jerk in many cases. So does running a marathon. So does accomplishing anything praiseworthy. But to hear Father God say “Well done, good and faithful child”, we have to decide to commit purposeful effort into pleasing Him. That includes learning what pleases Him via the Bible, prayer all the time, and meeting together with other Christians for help and encouragement with both of those. It is easy to be lazy, requires very little effort and no purpose. But actually committing is a big deal and a lot of purposeful effort will need to be utilized to get into good habits and stay in close, maturing relationship with our loving God. And eternally- speaking and even right now, that is where we need and want to be.❤
When people are wilfully ugly to us, we have a choice on how to respond. 1. We can pout and have a pity party, using that as an excuse to do something we should not that is entirely selfish/narcissistic. 2. We can get angry with righteous indignation and “vent” to everyone we know, using that maybe also as an excuse to do something we should not that is entirely selfish/narcissistic. 3. We can get even with revenge and unforgiveness (that unfortunately never hurts them) and inventing creative ways to be seen on the higher ground or be able to retake our wounded pride, often using that as an excuse to do something we should not that is entirely selfish/narcissistic. 4. We can pray and be thankful for what we have and the opportunity to set our pride down and turn to the Lord for help and comfort. And the last one there is of course the only option we should go to as Christians. Matthew 5:11. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (-Bible Offline).” Look at Paul and Silas’ response to wilfully ugly people. Acts: 13:50. “But the Jewish leaders incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men of the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51. So they shook the dust off their feet as a warning to them and went to Iconium. 52. And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. (- Bible Offline).” And again, Acts 16:22. “The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten with rods. 23. After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24. When he received these orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks. 25. About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. (- Bible Offline).” Let’s be the Christians God intended us to be and really be that light I’m a dark world.❤
I will be praying and fasting tomorrow (and every Wednesday). I implore any of you friends who really love the Lord to join me. And if you cannot fast for some reason, please pray with me during meal times. So we are on the same page, my prayers will be:
1. Please purify my soul and my family’s soul and wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ. Please forgive our sins and renew our strength and purity with the Holy Spirit so we may be in your presence and pray and fast today.
2. The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6), with emphasis on “Please, dear Lord, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
3. Please may God’s prayer warriors be strengthened and focused to pray and fast for your good to triumph over the enemies’ evil.
4. Please protect and strengthen our President Trump and all those officials doing good and please give them wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor with You and man. May those who have done evil to be caught and prosecuted and be found guilty and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Please allow this to change their hearts to repentance and salvation.
5. Please help our country defund and abolish abortion and injustice so you will forgive and bless our country as a whole. Please provide for and help the orphans and widows. Let us not pass by our brothers and sisters unmoved but help them with Your love and empathy, knowing You adopted us as well and provide for us.
6. Please allow people to be released from their addictions to tech and social media/phones and pleasure addictions which have become their idols. Please release and help them so they are ready when you come soon for your church.
7. Please purify your church and strengthen her to prayer and fasting and worship together. Destroy the evil within her and cast out demons who have infiltrated. Help your church to remember her job of missions, winning souls for your kingdom, worshipping You. Please help and strengthen and bless Your persecuted church around the world.
8. Please save as many as you can from the clutches of Satan and soften their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord for their eternal soul’s sake.
9. Please strengthen and heal my friends and family for prayer and prepare their hearts and souls for your coming.
10. Please keep the demons and evil ones who have chosen to worship them from being effective in the evil they want to do. Stop their plans, dear Lord, and protect us. May all the evil plans come to ruin and be hindered and useless and may You, Lord, and Your angels win every battle.
11. We love and pray for Israel. We pray for her peace and that the Jews will realize that Jesus is their Messiah and be saved. Praise be the God of Israel. Please bless her.
12. We worship you, dear Jesus. We give you praise, honor due you and adore your glory. You are worthy of all our love and adoration and worship. You are holy and true.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.❤❤❤
Thr Lord woke me up twice now in the middle of the night to pray. I am not sure who needed prayer, so I prayed for everyone. I believe we are intercessors as part of our call to missions. Each of us has this mandate. We obey and then we can rest. I guess I was on night watch these nights and I am thankful for it. I never mind talking to the Lord or helping someone by praying for them. If b it was you who needed it, my friend, prayers were made for you and please know that God made and loves you very much! He’s got the whole world and you in His hands.😄❤
We have seen it before in many a con, good manners outshines capabilities so often. If people are well-mannered/polite, they are considered more intelligent, more personable, of higher caliber, better trusted, even if those things are not true. This is especially true if good manners are accompanied by good looks. And we see this play out everywhere. People buy it.
And on the bad side, that is silly not to dig deeper to the beliefs of a person and their actions and just buy their wares.
But on the good side, if we always respond with good manners and teach our children to do so also, we/they will be better thought of, will stand out, will be considered suited for better jobs. Manners matter.
So the point is to use good manners as often as possible and teach your children to do so also. And on the other side of the equation, look beyond manners at actions to see the heart of a person. This way we are being the best we can be in every situation. It is part of good stewardship, which God requires. We must be appreciative and wise with what He has given us.😄❤
Aging is entirely a part of our physical selves as well as mentality. If maturity is chosen as a path, the soul and spirit will grow close in relationship to God our loving Creator. [See my blog “Who We Are (Deep)”.]
Aging when mature in spirit is the most beautiful process because the person has grown thoroughly humble, knowing the need for the Lord in every aspect of life for all needs. That is beautiful and should be celebrated!
When I was young, I though aging meant getting boring, doing little of significance, getting wrinkly, growing weak, losing function of eyes and ears in time, losing teeth, having no sex life, smelling weird, and being excited about family that largely ignores you. Of course I never envisioned my grandparents as aging because none of them were that way, they stayed active and smelled good and taught me interesting things, tayed active in church, did their own cleaning, etc. So they did not age in my book, they matured. To an extent, genetics plays a huge role in aging physically but maturing is an intentional choice. Every silly thing I thought about aging is proven false with every mature person I have met. In fact, the spiritually mature and aged people in my life have been they key encourages, teachers, motivators, and maturity inspirers in my life. They are the people I have respected, loved and been grateful for the most. I am a doctor because of these people and God’s instruction through them. My wisdom from God is largely inspired by their direction.
The world emphasizes and celebrates physical youth and physical beauty because sin dwells the heartiest in the physical where people can easily be kept away from a relationship with God we so desire deep inside us. Aging in the physical is to be avoided at all cost, covered up, lied about, fought. Why? Because when no choice or action has been made to mature into a soul and spiritual relationship with God, the physical will die and the glory will die with it and hell comes, hope is gone then. It never ever needs to be so. We can at any point n in life choose to grow up in maturity and draw close to God in prayer and salvation through Jesus Christ, our Savior. Then aging is just one step closer to our precious hope in heaven with the God who loves us so much. With maturity in God, aging is beautiful and brimming with hope and delight. The dependence on God deepens every day. As the physical wears out, the spiritual enhances and prayers deepen and trust deepens. So beautiful! With God, everything is beautiful!😄❤