Temptation is the only thing I can see in the Bible where we are instructed to run from it. Against giants, we run toward and face, when lied against, we stand on truth from the Bible, with injustice we stand oue ground, when hit we turn the other cheek but still stand. I heard a great teacher of the Bible David Jeremiah say this and it is true. Joseph ran from his boss’ wife’s sexual advances. Sexual temptation us everywhere we allow our natural sex drive to inflate and wander. It has gone from seething and hiding under every rock and dark place to openly flaunted on the internet and in wide open spaces. Kids can wander into it if safeguards are not in place. It can sneak in around even those if we are neglectful. To avoid it, we must decide to run from it. Put the safeguards on everyone’s tech and not just the kids’. If it keeps happening, throw the tech out. Better to be without tech than for tech to rule you and drag you to hell. Get deeper into God’s Word and prayer and He gives strength to run from it. It is a natural impulse Satan uses to imprison people and destroy lives. Just simply run from it and draw near to God. It is just that simple. You have to want to do good more than bad. Choose it and pray and get help and support if you need but keep running from it. Want good more than evil. God will reward and bless your efforts in doing the right thing.❤
So, we begin our story on a busy day yesterday. So busy, I barely stopped moving all day. We tried to do homeschool while watching our 9 month old grandson who was ill, with meals and dishes and she decided to go get gas and shop at Target before picking up her sick baby and so without dinner or anytime to change we raced over to my son’s baseball game, got home late and got to bed late. And I was anticipated the same craziness today but with band practice instead of baseball and PE in the morning. Crazy, right?
Instead, I am just headed to sleep and I get a “Mom!” from my son. Unusual and never good, I get in there and I will not gross you out but I had a lot of cleaning up to do. He was suddenly sick. He is hardly ever sick but he had saved up. He must have eaten something awful from the canteen at baseball. It cleared his entire digestive system. Water wouldn’t stay down. All night long it was clean up, try to sleep, awoken up in a couple hours to clean up and nurse the boy.
I made an executive decision and texted to cancel PE and the babysitting today. And I slept a few hours before the next bout. And here we are. Sleep deprived but at least able to sleep a couple hours at a time between nursing the gut along toward healing and cleaning. Lord help us moms!
So “oh what a night” is explained. Next explains the choice.
My son had, in the morning when he was supposed to be doing school and up to now has been, decided to play hooky and watch a Netflix movie that happened to be a horror flick. What possessed him, I know not, but I believe it opened a door to an evil spirit to come in. He confessed to me at night when everything that could go wrong n in a day did go wrong. Because as soon as he had finished that movie around noon, the baby who had been well was suddenly sick, the game went poorly and my son played like he had never played a game in his life, my husband was very aggitated and grumpy, my daughter was an emotional wreck, I was suddenly overwhelmed and tired, and then the illness.
Upon seeing the demonic activity allowed in and hearing the confession, we joined hands and rebuked the demon in Jesus’ powerful name and Zac rede dictated his life to Jesus and was baptized in the Holy Spirit and rejected his choice and evil that was pressing on him. I prayed over the house and loudly commanded the evil to leave in Jesus’ name and pleaded God’s Holy Spirit to live here and bring us the fruits of the Spirit in abundance to reside here.
He did. All was immediately made right. My daughter had peace and fell into a deep, restful sleep she stayed n in through the night’s ups and downs. My husband relaxed and had peace and even joy. I received energy and peace. Zac had peace even though he had to undergo a reminder purging of his system. And the baby is not here today but is doing better.
The devil will come in any way he can and is allowed- be it horror movies, pornography, personal choices of pride, sexual misconduct, gluttony, idolatry, whatever it is- even to Christian homes. He must be sent packing by the authority we have with the Holy Spirit. And we must make it right by humbly choosing Jesus again. Please learn this lesson with us. Be encouraged that we have the cure through the Great Physician Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. Praise God!!❤❤❤
What is seriously odd about an addict is that they are the only one around them that realizes/ admits they have an addiction. Everyone around them already knows and either is playing along or gives them hell about it or anything in between. For instance, porn addicts leave trails of debris in their histories or how many visits on the cloud or Internet. Also, PIED is a pretty obvious indicator. And who really plays games that much, yes you are not fooling anyone but you. We are actually intelligent- surprise! Everyone knows. This is just one example.
Addicts think they are so smart because they have made a career or lying about it and covering for so long. It is obvious to those of us who have recovered from delusions and are reading truth/thr Bible every day. Does that make us better? Uh, no. We are not delusional. Just makes us aware. I believe people should realize that they are making a choice. Everyone knows. There is no secret or fantasy world that is successful to hide in. Just know that it is a choice to continue in an addiction and help is available all over the place, first in truth and then a million other places nowadays. Getting help is a choice. Hope is there always, the starting point to freedom is admitting what everyone else close to you already knows. No one is fooled. Time to admit it and stop the lie cycle. Hope is everywhere. Just say what we all know and seek truth and help. Those you love want you to get help and be free from that bondage. We already forgave you or would be gone. Forgiveness is prevalent with us and with God, and forgiving yourself is next to freedom. How amazing freedom is. Hope is there. Hope is everywhere.❤
The beauty of this truth is about what encompasses addiction is that truth from God is the way out. There is hope. So, as the formula for addiction is
5. Habitual Choices to do wrong.
This means that the formula for destroying addiction is in everyone’s hands through God: Breaking addictions formula:
1. Humble contrition
2. Worshipping God
3. Obedient holiness (salvation from Jesus Christ)
4. Habitual Choices to do good.
God he Father is the power of love and Jesus Christ is the way to God the Father. Choose Him and be free. God is freedom!❤❤❤
The evil of suicide is a big deal for young people right now, the second leading cause of death at present for them. It is horrifying to consider and I generally don’t give airtime to evil but this monster hit close to home- our old pastor’s son- and I need to mention it.
The idea of suicide is evil. The thought is evil and at best incredibly selfish. And to get to a place where there is no hope is swallowing about a million lies and false beliefs. Here is why…
Truth: 1. We are all lovingly made by God on purpose.
Truth 2: God made each of us with specific gifts and talents.
Truth 3: Every person God lovingly made is precious and important to the God of the universe and loved.
Truth 4: God cared so much for each and any one of us that He sent us Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for our sins.
Truth 5: God is happy to help anyone with anything any time they humbly ask Him to.
Truth 6: Suicide kills a person God lovingly made and leaves no time to repent and confess and be forgiven. No problem in the world is worth an eternity in hell.
This is the inherent selfishness and evil of suicide. There is good news for those of us alive. We have God to help us with any problem ever. God can help us forgive those who wrong us, even if they don’t ask or don’t care. God cares. God still loves you, the precious child He lovingly made. And God is truth and hope to cut through any lies. The Bible is the best medicine I know. God is the Great Physician. There is always hope. Anything else n is an evil lie. You can choose truth any second of any day and I highly recommend it. You are so very loved.❤
Many people believe there is only negative in being married to an addict (it does not matter the addiction of choice- they all look the same ugly in a spouse and are all rooted in false beliefs, lies, sin and pride). There are many advantages and blessings. Some are the following:
1. Being humbled every day allows a contrite heart to flourish. It is next to impossible to feel like the center of anyone’s life or attention who already has their addiction as the center. Yes, the downside is that often even God and obedience comes after the addiction, but I am showing the positive and it is true that you cannot help but be humble when married to an addict. This helps a lot when working on contrition with the Lord. And that is a hurdle to faith most people really struggle with.
2. You depend on and trust in God only and that is very healthy spiritually. You cannot depend on the addict often but you realize quickly (because of the contrition mentioned earlier) that you can always depend on and trust in God.
3. You love truth. You realize that the addict, although in denial with lies and false beliefs, is riddled with guilt and fear all the time and lies like they breathe. This is so obvious and lies upon lies gets old. So you love truth. I read my Bible all the time, loving every word, every truth it is. You truly appreciate truth more than most do.
4. You accept and learn to be content in God. You appreciate everything good in life, really appreciate every blessing, every kind word, every word of encouragement, every friend who sticks around, every prayer where you feel God there with you. You appreciate more. You are thankful for a home with air conditioning, transportation, food, all those blessings people take for granted. You are content with unimportance. You are happy with every blessing and know full well that God is enough every day, every time, every moment.
5. You develop a thick chin. You realize that what God says about you is the truth and are thankful for it. You realize the truth is not in the accusations and put downs and anger/rages that always accompany the adddictions because of their nature and guilt and fear. You realize that God lovingly made you and sleep alone for years or not, you are beautiful inside, God lovingly made and gifted you. You are incredibly beautiful because God’s glory shines through you. So beautiful!
6. Forgiveness comes easily. You have to forgive so much and are humbled and contrite that forgiveness comes super easily. You have to forgive to survive. You forgive because you love. And you forgive because God forgave you and you want to be forgiven and have your prayers answered.
7. Greater faith in God. You rely on God for every encouragement, every good thing, every solution to every abuse, every emotional anything, healing when stress is getting to you, every comfort when lonely, everything. This is invaluable in a walk with the Lord and makes us closer. And heaven will be so much more beautiful!
8. You show them God’s true love. When you stay with an addict, you have the chance to show them love. In fact, the act of staying married to the addict is the strongest show of love along with the forgiveness. Love is patient, kind, self-sacrificing, humble, real, truthful, joyful, peaceful, faithful (even if they are not), etc. We are responsible for how we love. And love is purely beautiful.
9. You are in obedience to God. God hates divorce and if it can possibly be avoided, it should be. There are many blessings and rewards for obedience to God.
I hope you understand better the blessings involved in being and staying married long term to an addict. No one is perfect except Jesus. Staying married is your choice I would say largely because of these blessings and love. And God’s love is the greatest force I know.❤
People take for granted I am as hooked on Facebook etc as they are. I have been anti-social media sober for 1.5 years now. I do not ever regret it. I have peace and joy in my life and benefit extensively with human interaction with my family. I have time to do everything I need to do. I look people in the eye and have time for a face to face conversation. It is beautiful.
People seem horrified when they learn I am not on anti-social media, wondering how I survive. This makes me smile but I do not judge, I was there at one point. I just know that not one ounce of me misses it or longs for it again. My life personally is richer without it. The biggest bonus is that God has His proper place in my life and my Bible reading is an actual Bible and not FB posts. Lol ❤