I detest the idea of trancendental meditation, the idea of clearing your mind or focusing intention on ourselves. I was never comfortable with it, even when I tried it many years ago. Now, in my maturity as a Christian, I detest it. I believe we think way too much about ourselves as it is and that when we empty our mind, any fool can walk in and make a home there. Maybe I am the only one, but if I do not have a focus actively, intentionally on Yahweh, Almighty God, I am easily tempted to dwell on things I should not or even worse, myself. It is much wiser to contemplate God intentionally, to ponder His Word, written and living. We must constantly “take every thought captive” for the sake of Christ we serve and represent. ❤
I used to like the idea of meditation, calming your mind, freeing your thoughts from the calamity around. And I realized one day (or God showed me one day, rather) that it doesn’t work that way and is really quite narcissistic and ego – inflating truly. And momentary calm and a temporary ego boost/pep talk is a poor substitute for inner peace only God n provides. So instead of meditation, and far more meaningful and beautiful, I pray and fast and read the Bible. And I find this dosage of truth and God – mindedness is truly rewarding and peace-giving. And peace is always there with me now, even in calamity. I can weather any storm with God. When I focus on Him, everything is as it should be and wonderful. When I focus on me, I get back a weak, flawed albeit really nice lol person. I choose God. Meditation is distraction and a negative one. I would rather study the truth of the Bible. Far more beneficial and proper.❤
New Age crap sounds good. It will even temporarily make you feel good, great even. The truth about it is that it focuses you on yourself, the opposite focus we should have, which is on God. It is directly opposing God. It is in fact replacing Him OR putting Him in a box inside us, as in we are powerful, we are gods, we are worthy of all our attention and pampering.
Let me be clear, we should love and care for ourselves and work to improve, but that is what we should do for others too AND God should always get center stage, top billing, all the praise, adoration and honor.
God lovingly and with great care and thought and wisdom created every single thing, animal, person we know of in this universe. He is the boss of it. That is true no matter what you believe, feel, want, campaign for, like, love, whatever.
So instead of all that narcissistic self-improvement crap and blather, try some reading your Bible and praying to and worshipping God. He is worthy, we are not.❤❤❤
I am responsible today for my thoughts, words and actions.
I can make decisions which honor God or hurt His kingdom.
I am responsible for those decisions.
I will be careful then to make the right decisions today.
I choose to make good decisions.
And I can and will humbly pray for help from God to do this.
And He will help because He loves me and He is more than strong enough to help.
So today His peace and joy will envelop me.
I will be His loving light to honor Him.❤
I have the habit of fasting on Wednesdays and have since I started early last September. Why? Several reasons:
1. I have fasted weekly because I am very very busy and am overwhelmed with how much there is for me to do, how much faith God has in me to work for Him. Fasting empties me of myself and makes me rely once a week fully on God for the strength and sustenance to get through the day.
2. Fasting allows more direct prayer connection to God. It is obedience because we are commanded to fast, and God always rewards obedience with closer relationship to Himself and blessings.
3. God provides so much clarity while I fast. Any doubts or cloudy thinking are erased and clarity in truth is left. I am not sure this is a Biblical n promise for fasting but it certainly is my personal experience. He provides truth and the rest burns off through the day.
4. God answers prayer. Faith is increased when fasting because it is putting your money where your mouth is to trust God for energy and health during the busy day and He honors faith every time with answering prayers. Yes, He answers prayer anyway, of course, but when fasting, the communication is much more intimate and direct and answers are more personally given and acute. And the more specific the prayer, the more certain the answer.
6. Forgiveness is easy when fasting. I had enemies before I started and have none now except God’s enemy Satan and his demons. I have no enemies in people form. I realize my enemies are not flesh and blood. I get that so much now that I hold no one accountable for their sins against me or myself accountable for sins against me or anyone (I have asked forgiveness of everyone I have wronged to the best of my ability) and wisdom and understanding replace that. When strongly in the presence of a perfect and loving God, those menial (seeming huge at the time) do not matter. Even the worst of crimes against me or hardest times gone through, I am now thankful for most because it brought me closer to my Heavenly Father God. I tell on Him more.
7. God is closer to us because fasting lets Him be. Distractions meander off. When hungry, I am more focused on prayer. When not cooking for myself or eating, I have more time with Him in a more focused way. Distractions of life also leave. They just do
These are the blessings from my gift of fasting. Fasting is a gift of obedience to God in meaningful, deep, powerful prayer. The gift is mine really, as I feel better and stronger than at any other time in the week. And it a gift to God He rewards for I am truly putting Him first in His rightful place in my life. This is a reset for me also to set the tone for the rest of the week to maintain His place as first in my life always.
Although it is commanded for us to fast, it is amazing how many Christians I suggest fasting together with that have a million excuses why they never fast. They don’t want to. I understand most won’t want to fast weekly, but monthly at least due to the end times condition of the world.
I firmly believe if more Christians did fast, more good would be happening, more blessings occurring, more people saved, more souls saved for the kingdom of God, more churches growing and not diminishing or closing. Fasting with prayer is the most powerful tool in our arsenal. And thr enemy really wants to keep you from it because he knows it. FAST and PRAY. See if God does not bless you richly for it. Get someone in church to fast and pray with you. Open your heart to God in this obedience and see what beauty He unfolds in your life and what protection He provides you. ❤
So yesterday was “Black Friday”. What color is it today? I suggest green for freshness and renewal. I never participate in “black Friday” because of three reasons: 1. I don’t have extra money right now and refuse to spend what I don’t have; 2. I hate the hostility inherent in the day and concept; and 3. I refuse to spend my money on demand from pressure and marketing manipulation. So, I do not participate in Black Friday but many do, so a green Saturday in reflection may be just what is needed to heal and calm the soul. God loves calm meditation on Him. And today us a great day to do that. 😄❤
People use “glorious” to describe Jesus. This is of course true, but through these eyeballs, I see it as “beautiful”. Glory is seen through the eyes of the spirit. It is easily discarded by those who deny the spirit’s importance. So I say “beautiful”, a term over-used but understood by our physical selves.
Beauty is looking a deep sinner in the eye and seeing a sick person that needs help.
Beauty is a tree rustling in the gentle wind while dropping flower petals.
Beauty is healing someone with disease.
Beauty is providing salvation to anyone and wanting everyone to be saved.
Beauty is leaving the glory and superiority of heaven and putting on flesh to experience our physical life to relate to us and then sacrifice Himself for us.
Beauty is seeing every person as beautiful and precious.
Beauty is loving children and especially orphans and widows and commanding their care.
Beauty is standing bravely alone in the face of the worst betrayal and misunderstanding in history.
Beauty is deciding we are more important somehow than the Creator of the universe’s comfort.
Jesus is the most beautiful man who walked the earth. I would have loved to sit with Hj I’m and look into His eyes. I bet the whole world could be seen in them. And you know, someday soon I will be blessed to do so for eternity. And anyone can who calls on the name of Jesus Christ to be saved. That, my friend, is beautiful.❤❤❤