So, I am ready for Christmas. I am eager for it. I am eager to celebrate Jesus’ birthday party. I am ready for the cake and ice cream. I am eager to see my family’s faces as they open the presents Jesus provided us to celebrate His birth. I am eager to love the day with family, including our dogs. It is so cool that we all celebrate Jesus’ birthday collectively. Let us never forget why He came and be thankful for this collective celebration of it!😄❤
As my son vacuumed the inside of the house, my daughter and I scrubbed thr fence and cleaned up the area. Then I sprayed sealer on the fence because that needed to be done. Also, I cleaned up the wall fountain and rehung that. It all took a while. And there was an interruption of church band practice (that started 30 minutes late).
What is my point?
Cleaning up takes a lot of time and energy. Keeping something clean takes less time but n sometimes is less practical. But either way, cleaning up yields great rewards and feels good afterward. And it was great to all work together as a family. Teamwork with active conversations with my kids was priceless. And we were able to pray together. (And I got to hear from my Aunt Rosie, which always makes my day.) And frankly, I am proud of my kids for their ability to look people in the eye and have a long conversation. I see so many kids who never have to pitch in and can’t get away from tech to even make eye contact or converse intelligently. Not a slam against kids trained badly but parents who don’t bother to train their kids.
We all have a past but today is our responsibility. What happened before does not have to be repeated or defeating. Just today choose to clean up. Just do it. Pull whoever you can into service with you and it will do all involved the world of good.
Do today beautifully. One day at a time live just for that day and always for God.😄❤
Just wanted to remind you, in this extraordinarily distracting and busy world, that God is still in control and always answers humble, faith-filled prayers. That has not ever changed because He does not change, His faithful, loving character dictates this. God hears you. He knows you by name and how many hairs are on your head (or legs if hair on the head is sparse lol) in a given moment. We must remember through the distractions and cares and worries and busy-ness that fact, that truth. Pray and believe it. Pray that God will send the cold front faster so Dorian turns sooner to do less damage. Then believe He will do it. And pray believing and with humbleness and a right, purified-by-Jesus mind and He will answer that prayer. This is how He works and it is an excellent example. Works in any circumstance. He wants us to remember, have faith and be humble. The God who has upheld and protected the great, beautiful state of Israel, still upholds us also. He is so very good and His grace, love and mercy are very generous to us who pray. Remember that always and get praying for this Dorian situation and any needs you have. Be saved, humble and have faith and God will answer. Every time this is true. He loves us so much!❤
God has been dealing with me lately. I have expectations and make plans. Still. Despite His laughter at them and how often He proves His plans are better and more purposeful for His kingdom than mine. I am learning and growing.
Today, I expected a good long walk with the dog like I’ve been doing lately in the morning. Then I expected a day off, to relax with the kids, to swim, to maybe even read, catch up on sewing. Nope. We started good with me and the dog and a walk, then a good movie (Shazam), then a long walk with the kids again in the heat. So far so good then it happened. The phone call. Our handyman needs money/work and we have work for him to do, so guess who ends up prepping for him to work tomorrow. Yep, this girl. Then the kids want me to take them skating with their friends. Oy. Here now and my back still hurts from the dog attack yesterday at the dog park. So I am sitting and catching up with you guys and reminding myself that God has plans for me and you that are better than my/our plans. We were able to minister to friends by paying for their admission. Yes, my back hurts but skating a bit helped. And we will get a few things done around the house that will help us with homeschooling.
So it is all good. Again, plans are better left in God’s hands. Be flexible, be willing, put God first. His plans are best for everyone.❤
1. In my experience, it is far easier to discipline my children after I first discipline myself. This only means that example is the best teacher. Yes, often more than just a good example is required, but my son has told me that it was easier for him to tell the truth because I always told the truth and so on. So it makes our job and theirs easier when we use the self-control God instilled in us.
2. Love and respect for God needs to be the motivation for discipline. We have rules in our house and the main rule is that rules are set by God in the Bible and that our first priority is to honor and respect God. Direct disobedience is always punished as a natural consequence to disobeying God. God is what matters most.
3. Punishment should be equal to the crime. But once in a great while, I grant a pardon to show that sometimes God grants mercy when we screw up and grace to try again the right way. Love is always the motivation.
4. Pick your battles. Often kids get hangry. Feed them first and then deal with the issue that came up when hangry. Anger is acceptable, lashing out disrespectful is not, for example.
5. Be willing to laugh. Sometimes kids are just yanking your chain and if it is not serious, laugh it off once in a while. Keep joy in the home. It will keep everyone from getting discouraged or unduly stressed.
6. Promote supporting each other. Family is special and beautiful and really emphasize that. Help each other. Do things for each other.
7. Study the Bible and pray together. This gets everyone on the same page with what is most important. This is vital.❤