Just wanted to remind you, in this extraordinarily distracting and busy world, that God is still in control and always answers humble, faith-filled prayers. That has not ever changed because He does not change, His faithful, loving character dictates this. God hears you. He knows you by name and how many hairs are on your head (or legs if hair on the head is sparse lol) in a given moment. We must remember through the distractions and cares and worries and busy-ness that fact, that truth. Pray and believe it. Pray that God will send the cold front faster so Dorian turns sooner to do less damage. Then believe He will do it. And pray believing and with humbleness and a right, purified-by-Jesus mind and He will answer that prayer. This is how He works and it is an excellent example. Works in any circumstance. He wants us to remember, have faith and be humble. The God who has upheld and protected the great, beautiful state of Israel, still upholds us also. He is so very good and His grace, love and mercy are very generous to us who pray. Remember that always and get praying for this Dorian situation and any needs you have. Be saved, humble and have faith and God will answer. Every time this is true. He loves us so much!❤
God has been dealing with me lately. I have expectations and make plans. Still. Despite His laughter at them and how often He proves His plans are better and more purposeful for His kingdom than mine. I am learning and growing.
Today, I expected a good long walk with the dog like I’ve been doing lately in the morning. Then I expected a day off, to relax with the kids, to swim, to maybe even read, catch up on sewing. Nope. We started good with me and the dog and a walk, then a good movie (Shazam), then a long walk with the kids again in the heat. So far so good then it happened. The phone call. Our handyman needs money/work and we have work for him to do, so guess who ends up prepping for him to work tomorrow. Yep, this girl. Then the kids want me to take them skating with their friends. Oy. Here now and my back still hurts from the dog attack yesterday at the dog park. So I am sitting and catching up with you guys and reminding myself that God has plans for me and you that are better than my/our plans. We were able to minister to friends by paying for their admission. Yes, my back hurts but skating a bit helped. And we will get a few things done around the house that will help us with homeschooling.
So it is all good. Again, plans are better left in God’s hands. Be flexible, be willing, put God first. His plans are best for everyone.❤
1. In my experience, it is far easier to discipline my children after I first discipline myself. This only means that example is the best teacher. Yes, often more than just a good example is required, but my son has told me that it was easier for him to tell the truth because I always told the truth and so on. So it makes our job and theirs easier when we use the self-control God instilled in us.
2. Love and respect for God needs to be the motivation for discipline. We have rules in our house and the main rule is that rules are set by God in the Bible and that our first priority is to honor and respect God. Direct disobedience is always punished as a natural consequence to disobeying God. God is what matters most.
3. Punishment should be equal to the crime. But once in a great while, I grant a pardon to show that sometimes God grants mercy when we screw up and grace to try again the right way. Love is always the motivation.
4. Pick your battles. Often kids get hangry. Feed them first and then deal with the issue that came up when hangry. Anger is acceptable, lashing out disrespectful is not, for example.
5. Be willing to laugh. Sometimes kids are just yanking your chain and if it is not serious, laugh it off once in a while. Keep joy in the home. It will keep everyone from getting discouraged or unduly stressed.
6. Promote supporting each other. Family is special and beautiful and really emphasize that. Help each other. Do things for each other.
7. Study the Bible and pray together. This gets everyone on the same page with what is most important. This is vital.❤
I will be praying and fasting today (every Wednesday). I implore any of you friends who really love the Lord to join me. And if you cannot fast for any reason, please pray with me during meal times. So we are on the same page, my prayers will be:
1. Please purify my soul and my family’s soul and wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ. Please forgive our sins and renew our strength and purity with the Holy Spirit so we may be in your presence and pray and fast today.
2. The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6), with emphasis on “Please, dear Lord, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
3. Please may God’s prayer warriors be strengthened and focused to pray and fast for your good to triumph over the enemies’ evil.
4. Please protect and strengthen our President Trump and all those officials doing good and please give them wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor with You and man. May those who have done evil to be caught and prosecuted and be found guilty and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Please allow this to change their hearts to repentance and salvation.
5. Please help our country defund and abolish abortion and injustice so you will forgive and bless our country as a whole.
6. Please allow people to be released from their addictions to tech and social media/phones and pleasure addictions which have become their idols. Please release and help them so they are ready when you come soon for your church.
7. Please purify your church and strengthen her to prayer and fasting and worship together. Destroy the evil within her and cast out demons who have infiltrated. Help your church to remember her job of missions, winning souls for your kingdom, worshipping You. Please help and strengthen and bless Your persecuted church around the world.
8. Please save as many as you can from the clutches of Satan and soften their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord for their eternal soul’s sake.
9. Please strengthen and heal my friends and family for prayer and prepare their hearts and souls for your coming.
10. Please keep the demons and evil ones who have chosen to worship them from being effective in the evil they want to do. Stop their plans, dear Lord, and protect us. May all the evil plans come to ruin and be hindered and useless and may You, Lord, and Your angels win every battle.
11. We love and pray for Israel. We pray for her peace and that the Jews will realize that Jesus is their Messiah and be saved. Praise be the God of Israel. Please bless her.
12. We worship you, dear Jesus. We give you praise, honor due you and adore your glory. You are worthy of all our love and adoration and worship. You are holy and true.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.❤❤❤
A child is not the parent but is a future adult due respect. Best parents do not obey children but instead respectfully require obedience from the children in order to train them to become the adults they are not yet. A child is not qualified to parent even themselves much less you. You are qualified by life experience and your God given authority of a parent. The future adults need to learn to humbly obey or they will not be prepared for life as an adult. Those who are not humble are always going to have difficulty with authority. Teach them by rules and expectations and punishments you decided on and then be consisten. As they are older, get their reasonable input into the rules and punishments and again be consistent. God blesses best parenting. I will write more later. ❤
No one is perfect.
You and I are not God.
So stop demanding perfection of yourself or others.
Stop allowing anyone to demand it of you.
If they need perfection, point them to God.
He is perfect and can handle it.
If they keep on you, you go to God. He is perfect and can handle it.
We are not/cannot be perfect.
Only God is perfect.
Point others to Him.
Go to Him.❤
When waits the soul with bated breath
The love divine, primordial pull,
The captive plays a wondrous game
“Loves me, loves me not” it goes.
When waits the soul of tender heart
For love’s culmination on the cusp
But never seeming to arrive
The heart and soul scream “It must!”
The soul waits hard and with heaviness
And each day grows more impatient
When waits the soul for lover’s voice
Or eyes or touch or gentleness.❤