Mature, wise women of faith have always fascinated me. I often ask advice of them and get simple answers: “Trust the Lord”, “Keep praying”, “Stay in thr Word”, “Be patient and keep working.” I must confess I used to want more of an answer, something complex that matched my frustration, something profound and life-altering, something challenging. And the more I mature myself, the more I realize their answers are all those things because every single one of them is about being humble and trusting God. He does what He says. And being n humble is by far the most challenging thing I have ever worked on, most profound and life-altering. The mature women were right. We in our sin-loving, selfish nature’s make it difficult. Trusting God is difficult at first but becomes second nature with practice, like my piano pieces worth playing. And when they become simple, that is when the beauty happens. And it is beautiful.😄❤
Only God knows what will happen, but I know that changes are on the horizon. I also know that God is ultimately in charge of the final events and everything else.
One change I know is that my mom will be moving into a wheelchair accessible apartment on or before a year and a half, depending on the waiting list. As soon as it is available, we will move her in and out of her manufactured home. This means several things… this will be a lot of extra work for all of us and her included in deciding how to pare down. And she will n have access to their piano but not at all hours as before, life will change. Once wheelchair bound, which is a matter of time, she will need special transportation for everything or me to shop for her. Also, my kids and I will no longer have access to her clubhouse to swim and play pool. In addition, I have to gradually prepare her current home for resale as she will need that money to live there. So, life will be quite different for all of us.
Again, only God knows how it will all play out. And who knows, maybe God will take us all Home first. No one knows but God. And I put it all in His capable hands. I am not worried. I am not concerned. I trust God. ❤
We, in the youth group, used to stand one behind the other and the front person would close their eyes and fall backwards and the person behind would catch them. This was a trust challenge, exercising the principle of trusting God. I loved that game. But I love the principle even more as I walk through life. The older I get, the more I know to trust God first when anything comes up and even when nothing comes up. God can be trusted and should be trusted. He loves us and is capable of seeing the help we truly need and giving it to us generously. I trust God. I challenge you to trust Him first.❤
1. Worry shows lack of faith.
2. Worry binds and never frees.
3. Worry prohibits success.
4. Worry is a sin against God.
5. Worry is always based on a lie/false belief.
6. Worry is destructive.
7. Worry is a false sense of control based in pride.
8. Worry never works.
9. Worry always wastes time and energy.
10. Worry is always bad.
Trust God instead.❤
1. God can do absolutely anything He wants to do.
2. He will not do anything against His character or Word.
3. God’s ways are higher than ours and He sees the past, present and future all at once and lives in them all because He is not bound by time like we are.
4. God is the Great Physician because He knows us better than anyone because He lovingly made us.
5. Faith releases His healing n in our lives.
6. (Here is the difficult one:) Sometimes He heals differently than we want but it is always for His and our best.
7. Healing can be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual but God always heals the way you truly need it best at the moment you humbly pray for healing.
8. You may still have the physical impairment because He needs you to know He is enough for you and you have not learned that yet or so you may help others.
9. God always wants and works for what is best for His work and you.
10. Trust is faith that God has healed you in the way you need it and that He is in loving charge of you.❤
I have recently been thrust into temptation. After being very close to the Lord, and I still am, I was hit by a barrage of attacks on my moral character. And I did not fall for it. But this is how the enemy works, friends, and I am thankful because it means I am doing well. The enemy does not attack to this extent someone he owns. So I am happy to have been through a rough spot and am still strong, even stronger for putting my trust in God for help and strength. And I can attest that when you go through the fire, pull up your trust in God and thus do some morality pushups and humble your spirit and you will come out ahead. Praise God!❤❤❤
To live life unafraid only happens with love from God and faith and trust in Him. Fear is a strong liar that can only be defeated by powerful, truthful love. And God is love. He actually is our only source of love (and goodness) in this universe. Therefore, God’s love defeats fear and our faith and trust in God unleash the power of God/love into our life to do the work. “Perfect love casts out all fear” is another way to say “Faith and trust in God casts out all fear”. And that makes me smile.❤