When you focus only on yourself, you limit your solution, thoughts, wisdom, etc to that which you already possess. Deeper reflection on self will never change that. You are then as far as you can go.
When you serve others, ponder God, read His Word, speak to others, you can learn infinitely more and grow in leaps and bounds in eternal ways. ❤
Busy moments are mostly behind us now and I am gradually catching up on chores and getting back to full days of school and house cleaning and groceries. There certainly are a lot of “normal” duties this housewife handles. Thank God for watering my garden for me as the poor neglected plants would have looked their neglect if it weren’t for God who sent rain and cared for them. A little weeding and we’ll be back on track there. And I caught up on great blogs I had missed… thankfully they were in print and saved for me to catch up on.
These were busy 2 weeks. That was an understatement. I ignored all tech and my phone for days, just did life and birthday parties (that I make a lot of) and dinners and meetings, some consults, starting the Christmas songs with the kids at church (making me the kids choir director now), pe coaching, missionary meeting in Avon Park, Busch Gardens, homemade pies and cakes for birthdays, sticking to my diet so cooking separately for my meals, baseball games, fasting and prayer, all so hectic and crazy.
And the biggest take – away from busy times in life is this:… (dramatic pause… deep breath)… God is with me wherever I go and I can talk to Him all the time. So simple. He loves the big things we do for Him and the million tiny things we do for Him. We just keep Him first. And I used to get behind in my spirit when I got busy and as a leader and worker by nature, busy used to be distractions away from God. But praise God, He has transformed and corrected that thinking and helped me embrace how He made me. I am His and He is always with me. And my busy is worship to Him because I include Him in it all and keep Him first and most n important in my mind and heart. ❤
1. God is the most important, wisest, most powerful and by far most loving and holy Person. He is everything most important in the universe.
2. I am a little girl in the scheme of things and staying humble allows God to work through me for good.
3. An Eternal lens makes everything of God appear large and everything temporary insignificant so problems retain their proper small size.
4. Bible reading, prayer, the Holy Spirit in us and fasting are the most powerful tools we have and with them we can do anything at all. Hands down. They are also the greatest gifts you can give another person.
5. Jesus the Messiah is our salvation and only way to be holy for heaven, so the only way to be eternally saved.
6. Little things matter to prove your character and moral integrity. Apart from that, keep them little.
7. People are more important than animals, stuff, fairness, rudeness, actions. Their souls matter more than what they do to you. Stay humble and try to lovingly help their souls. Try then move away and keep praying for them if they are unreceptive and unwilling to be loved.
8. No one escapes God. Everything is seen by Him and He will hold responsible every evil word, sustained thought or deed. Better confess and repent and possibly be punished in this life than for eternity later.
9. No sin is bigger than God’s ability to forgive.
10. God is always near and ready to talk. Any feeling that He is far or does not care is a lie from the enemy. Do not believe it. Reject that lie. God is waiting for a humble prayer always.❤
I have no wisdom of my own, knowing my limitations as a finite individual. However, God gives n wisdom generously to whoever asks Him with a humble, pure heart. And I know that wisdom from God n is more precious than any amount of treasures on this planet. God’s wisdom is better than time, better than riches, better than power, better than honor, better than the best luxury or vacation mansion. How can that be? God’s wisdom provides the big picture, the eternal perspective and view of God and Jesus that allows and instructs you to live in thr luxury of the fruits of the Holy Spirit- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control, with an enormous injection of hope. ❤ ❤ ❤
1 Kings 3:6. ‘Solomon answered, “You have shown great kindness to your servant, my father David, because he was faithful to you and righteous and upright in heart. You have continued this great kindness to him and have given him a son to sit on his throne this very day. 7. “Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. 8. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. 9. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?” 10. The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this.’ – Bible Offline
Don’t change your shell to please another.
Don’t take another’s opinion as your own without research.
Don’t buy what anyone’s selling unless you need it and can afford it.
Don’t believe what you are told without proof.
Don’t worry about things that have no eternal value.
Don’t rush when you can breathe fresh air in nature.
Don’t fight unless you have to. If you have to, don’t lose the fight.
Don’t forget to spend time with those you love.
Don’t be so glued to your agenda that you miss an eternal opportunity.
Don’t fear, have faith in God.
Don’t put your trust into any person but only in God.
Don’t look back and long for what God has wisely removed from your life.
Don’t neglect prayer time and Bible reading.
Don’t forget to smile!❤
This from a writer. Lol But I do not write every opinion I have and that is true. Nor do I think anyone else should either. Why not? Because alongside the freedom of speech is the freedom to obey God who said to only say that which builds up and is positive and does not tear down. And lately a whole lot of people are tearing down, remembering that we live with the freedom of opening our mouths and forget the wisdom of keeping them closed sometimes. There is a time to speak, but when everyone speaks at once, no one is heard and the noise is growing.
In addition, breath is wasted on those with closed ears.
Also, he who argues with a fool becomes one.
And always bear in mind that we are accountable to God for every word we release to the air, for better or worse. No one is immune to that truth. ❤