When one’s world is changed dynamically, there is a new strangeness to things once mundane. Everything looks different, has a different flavor, it is changed forever. Once you then grow used to this new world you live in and there is a new normal and you see in passing someone that was once prominent in the old world, it is weird. It is like being transformed into a new mesh of the new and old. I do not know what to make of it so I will just let it go and allow God to lead me His way. I walk with Him, so anything now must gel with Him. He is the deciding factor. So… I feel weird but I still praise God! ❤ ❤ ❤
I put my skirt on the sides of my quilt I am finishing up. And looking at it, the skirt only came down halfway the height of the mattress. Tacky to me, and I knew it would but me every time I saw that, so I looked for a solution. And just like my Heavenly Father that knows and loves me so well, He turned my head to my fabric pieces and my eye fell on leftovers of a beat up curtain sheer, the cotton kind not the impossible to work with sheer. And it was pretty beat up but white and had enough not beat up parts that I was able to cut out what I needed for an extra 6 inches on each side. Perfect. Beautiful. Unexpected. Useful. God. And that is what God has been doing in my life lately. I draw close to Him and He makes ugly into unexpectedly useful and beautiful. He shows me the beauty in everything. He provides even before I get a chance or am just about to ask Him. And there is no doubt that God loves and provides, friends. He walks with me, talks with me. There is no imagination in it, He is truth and clarity. Oh how I love Him and oh how He loves us, all of us He made beautifully on purpose!!! Precious Savior! Talk to Him, draw close to Him. He loves and wants that and you will never be disappointed by it!!! 🙂 Love you, friend!❤
I love surprises. I would rather be surprised, with good or bad news really. I don’t want to know until I have to if it is bad and if it good, I glean much more enjoyment if it is unexpected. Why? Because I am internally still a child in many ways. I get bored. I was adventure, seek new things, bad or good as long ass it us new. And life is absolutely full of new experiences all the time so I am happy. And today, I met with a friend and her family from my former years who we had grown through and recently had lost touch. And she was there this morning before I had put my piano away! It was so good to see them and what a great surprise!!! There is much fun and beauty and happy things to think on with such an unexpected visit from an old friend. God provides people in life to love on and be loved by when you need them. I love that about God. It is so cool because He, being my Heavenly Father, knows I love surprises and He gives me surprise blessings when I need them. God is so very good, my friend!!!!
The biggest thing I have learned through many many roadtrips (usually unplanned) is that bathrooms are much more important than anyone ever gives them credit for. Know where they are, for heavens’ sake. Next in importance is so very important. Stop off a bit on the way. Rest, refresh, involve yourself in a new place, understand a new spot, a foreign piece of soil, a new tree, a vivid flower, especially the tiny little wild ones at your feet. There is a peace and tranquility that only occurs in the stops, the breaks, the taking a minute to just be and just be in a new space that you can never match by any other means. Most importantly is the notion that we must breathe to be. We must rest sometimes to continue on and we are richer for it. Do not feel guilty in life either to need a break now and again. It is much more unnatural to force yourself to continue and be poorer for not having enough oxygen to your lungs. Must breathe. Must take in the air to revive and be better at everything else. Addition things to note:
1. Crunchy snacks are invaluable.
2. Drink only what water you have to and as much coffee as you can handle without more frequent bathroom stops.
3. Wear shoes you can slip off.
4. Be sure your car is in tip top shape.
5. Prepare (like with a gallon of water or fix a flat or full spare tire, etc.) in case.
6. Take turns at the bathroom and someone stay with the car. Rest stops can harbor thieves sometimes, better safe than sorry.
7. Determine if you have a destination or are winging it and feel free to swap those as needed. 🙂
8. Never forget where you come from in the excitement of where you are going. Then never forget you went there.
9. Pictures. Take them. Clarity dims with time. Take the shot. Make notes at what you shot.
10. Only take people with you that appreciate and uplift or go alone. If someone starts being negative, even if unexpected things happen, leave them at the closest rest stop with their phone to call a taxi and enough money to get them home. The money is worth parting with. So is the negativity. Warn them first so you don’t feel guilty. lol
11. Even if you have done that trip before, find something new to try, a new place to go, a different route, whatever.
12. Invest in a map of the area. The road less traveled by may be amazing but also may not connect up again to the highway or go in a straight line.
People speak of rain like it’s a bad thing. I see it quite differently. Rain is refreshing. It cleans the air. It waters the crops. It provides magnificent contrast to ceaseless sunshine. It forces action. It provides for life sustaining water to drink. It also is quite lovely to listen to. Much the same way, rain spells of trials and unexpected experiences in our lives yield the same potentially positive results. We have the chance to learn and grow from such experiences, we have the ability to appreciate everything for having gone through worse. We are cleaned and purified through these experiences in our lives. We know full well something better is coming in our futures so we can humble ourselves to rise above these challenges and allow refreshing to happen. New growth and life result at the end of it. Sure it is dark and inhospitable at the moment, but every storm ends. Every storm ends. Don’t begrudge the rain. Don’t detest it. Don’t grumble or complain about it. It is an opportunity to improve and grow. The rain will refresh you if you cooperate. Or it can just make you all wet. That choice is yours. 🙂