I get lost in deep thoughts, profound ponderings, all of various themes and levels of depth. And just as my mind is verging on a solution to cancer or world peace or even more important the salvation of souls, I am interrupted with “Mom, I am hungry” or “Where are you?” Or “I need you”. The shallow needs of life my family wants from me, wants to live in. My son will delve into the depths with me sometimes but the exception rather than the rule. The shallow has always bored me, wasted my time, broken my visions, torn me away from meaningful to menial. Most people, I find, prefer shallow, fearful of the deep somehow, fearful of their ideas sounding weird, not understanding that the deep remains eternally while the shallow will disappear. The deep is everything. The deepest deep is God. I want Him. I want to delve into deeper understanding.and worship. This is never boring. This is what it is about. Everything is God. It all should be about and for Him. I am caught in His deep. ❤❤❤
I am a studier and appreciate of people, mostly because it impresses and amazes me how unique and detailed people are and how incredible God is for making every person so beautifully on purpose with love. But anyway, I love to know what people are thinking because it is fascinating. And so I am sharing my thoughts and maybe someone will reciprocate on their blog and I can be amazed and enjoy learning something new. So, here I was sitting here alone in my bed in the dark and quiet. I hear the clock ticking, cars fly by on the highway in the distance, an occasional annoying night flight on a pretty loud airplane or helicopter, birds who must have a nest of eggs or baby birds tweeting in the tree close to the house. I am just beginning to (for the millionth time) wish I lived in the country somewhere and not so close to the city. And out of nowhere my thought travel instead to the sheer beauty of the day, the pleasantness of the breeze, the feel of the sun as it burned me today, the beauty of our yard as we are landscaping and planting, the magnitude of my love for God and my family, the greatfulness I have of my callouses, knowing I can work hard for my family and for God. And I feel so very rich. I do not feel alone as I am in this big room. I feel rich and free and alive. God has freed me from my many sins- they are gone. My mind is clear and clean and at peace. I am joyful again. I am grateful and not selfish anymore. I am blessed to have my kids work alongside us now. ❤
The closer I can put my mind to Godly thoughts, purity, courage, love, peace, high lofty spiritual truths from God, the closer I get to being who I was perfectly designed to be and the closer I get to our amazing Creator. The more my mind dwells on this flawed world and the lies that seem epidemic around us, the closer I get to sin and ugliness and imperfection galore. It is the adage that “those who dwell with trash and the sewer stinketh”. Our mind and thoughts are the same. We must read the Bible and pray continuously to raise our thinking to the truth we so desperately need to free us from this dark world and life us to God. And the really cool thing about God is that Jesus has paved a way already to be saved from the mire around us and even that we may find ourselves in. And God thus lifts us right out of it as soon as we humbly ask. He starts cleaning us up. It is beautiful. Try it.❤
When a thought recurs incessantly in your mind, you are being prompted to do something. Here is where discernment comes in and you have to pray. If that thought is evil/contrary to the Bible, it is a test or temptation from the evil one. Those you pray about diligently, rebuke and resist as consistently as they recur, and they will leave. They have to. Now if the recurring thought is good/complying with the Bible, like doing something, creating something, working, serving, teaching, whatever it may be, it is what you are supposed to be doing. And you need to obey and do it. It may be God has that purpose for you in the kingdom. God gives us direction that way sometimes. So the key is to pray. For example, I was playing piano at church for years and was feeling blah about it, had trouble getting motivated all of a sudden and really wanted to work with the kids and just really wanted to start a kids choir. All of a sudden. But I kept thinking about it. So someone out of nowhere asked I’d they could play piano. That was confirmation and I let her and started helping with the kids and we have started a choir that is going very well and I can minister to kids. So that was God moving me to what He needed done. That is sometimes how He works. Don’t be afraid of it, just obey, and God provides the resources and help at the right time and it is beautiful and fulfilling. ❤
Hi!! I spent a lot of time with the Lord this last week. I always want more time but unending time will be soon coming. For now, I have some thoughts:
1. Less is exceedingly more. I don’t think we can put a low enough priority on this world’s toys. They are meaningless. I mean entertainment, internet, news, trends, cellphone apps, boats, collections, etc. All can be used for good but you would have to be wise for that and very intentional. Things can easily distract us from the Lord’s presence and work.
2. Do it immediately. When someone asks you to pray for them, assume they want you to pray with them right then and there. If not, write it down in their presence and then do it. If God whispers in your ear to talk to someone, do it right then. If you are prompted to do something like read a verse of the Bible, do it right then. Waiting invites not doing and you may have missed an opportunity that you will be held accountable for missing.
3. Swallow your pride before any response or prayer. Everything is based on knowing who you are in Christ and that you are not Him. Pride is and declaration that God is not needed here and that is very dangerous. It defeats/hinders/occludes relationship with God and relationship with God is our goal. Pride is how angels fell. Pride kills the spirit eternally. Take the pride off. Visualize taking off the robe of pride and stepping into God’s presence with humbleness. God can grow and perfect and use humble but will come against pride. Remember that we are important because of God but we are nothing next to Him.
4. Serve and worship the right Master. Everyone is attending too someone. Who you spend the most too him and attention on is who you are closest to and who you worship and love and serve the most. That is your idol. And if your idol is anyone but God, it is idolatry and will be punished, either in this life and/or the next. God made us. God made everything. He deserves all the glory and worship and praise. Nothing else matters eternally.
5. God wants everyone saved. People choose to accept or reject Him. No one can change a person’s mind. We all choose for ourselves whether to be saved or not. God does not send anyone to hell. People send themselves. God is a God of love. He made hell to punish Satan and the fallen angels for corrupting and persecuting and destroying who He made and rightly so. It was not intended for people but those who follow and serve and obey these demons choose to be against God and be evil. God will not force and none to remain His child and none He made them. They choose to be with Him or be separated from Him forever. Separated is a really big deal and we should remember that we support one or the other with every decision and word and prayer. There is no both, no gray with God. He is far too holy for that. Be intentional for you arne without realizing it quite often.
6. God is not sterile and neither are we. Be you but represent God. This point hit home deeply yesterday. I just started laughing because this bird made the worst tweet/call I have heard as I was praising God for His creation. I said “not that one” or something along those lines and just laughed. God increased my joy, like He was laughing too. He would not have given people a sense of humor if He did not have one too. Look at the variety of living creatures He made and their behavior and movements and calls and noise. So many colors, so much movement. God is a God of vibrant life. Remember this when life seems dreary, because that is an indicator you are slipping away from God. He is lively and pure and just fun and sometimes downright funny. Celebrate life with Him. He loves that!
I am certain more thoughts will pop up but I wanted to share what I am learning on my journey in hopes you are encouraged. I missed you and love you!❤
Recently, I have been struggling with my over-thinking at night. Night is when I am alone in my apartment, it is dark, I am lonesome and my thoughts wander a lot, sometimes in deep thought of spiritual matters, sometimes in physical and shallow matters like wishing I was not lonesome, sometimes in thoughts of people who once walked with me in the journey and hoping they are ok and praying for them. I have very recently decided to try to harness these thoughts and tame them, trying to take them captive for Jesus and give them over to Him for sorting and guiding. It is and new mental exercise, so to speak. I do not wish to allow my over-thinking to be used by the enemy and turned into a stumbling block, so I see wisdom in it. And God is increasingly my focus, His Word, prayer with Him, just worshiping and praising Him. It is a great new focal point on my journey through life. Love you! ❤
Our minds are a gift to us from God. We were lovingly created to have free thinking, free will, choices can be made and thank God we can act on the good ones here in our amazing recovering beautiful USA, where freedom still exists (other countries esp. for women unfortunately not so much). And our free thinking and free talking and freely independent (and hopefully informed with truth) thoughts are invaluable. So, when I declared as a young girl of 9 that I would become a doctor, I went to school and succeeded being salutatorian of my class, did well, finished working full time to pay for my own living/car expenses through college, finished with my doctorate and started my own succeasful n private practice. All in America. All from farming roots and little money. All with God’s help all my life. To God be the glory! So freedom to do good is an incredible right give to all by God. Freedom to do wrong should land you punishment by law. That would be justice. You see, freedom is a two way street. We can freely be saved by Jesus Christ or we can freely reject His salvation and be punished eternally. A wise person would use their freedom to choose life and love and eternity with God and life and love. But not everyone is wise, unfortunately. But the cool thing is that if anyone humbly asks God for wisdom and tries their best, God helps them and grants them wisdom. He is so generous with His grace! So, I choose to be on the winning side of right vs. wrong and you get to choose which eternity you want to end up in. Heaven or hell. Both are very real and very close. I choose heaven because I want to be with God, my Heavenly Father, and I sure hope you choose heaven too, sooner than later. I am really cool to hang out with so you can hang out with me 🙂 , and I am so eager to see Jesus and thank Him in person! It will be good to see those I love who have gone before me also. If God allows, I will play the piano for Him. I am positive God will have an amazingly tuned piano. 🙂 ❤