Most everyone close to me has a birthday in October. There are a few in other months, but everyone under my roof (other than me) entered this world in October. My sister, friends and about a hundred other people who wanted our potential party venues (lol).
So now, October stretches and has quite nearly closed its eyes for yet another year. It rears it’s head and declared all are a year older and rests peacefully another year. She rests her head blissfully unaware of how she forced me to work tirelessly between her awakening and sleeping.
But through it all, I praise God for seeing me and you through another October and I am so very thankful for His blessing through the month and year up to now. I long to go home but He is blessing me and even freshly blessed by a friend encouraging and praying with me today. So, sleep, dear October, and praise God!!😄❤
God blessed us with a rain day, a day off of PE. I am happy because my sinuses around my eyes are going nuts right now and I needed some time alone with God to just breathe. I had to reset. My mind has played some reruns and wrong channels lately and it was really getting me weighed down and feeling far from my Savior. So He gave me this morning off to get my heart into contrite mode and give everything to Him, confess and just repent. I told a friend about it. And God forgave me (as evidenced by the feeling of a smile and burden lifted) and we are back. And God is so precious and so good and loves us so much. I feel Him close and am so thankful and want to give Him glory for His love and grace and just compassion on us. He may be the only one in the world that loves me and that would be enough, all I ever need. He loves that well. 😄❤❤❤
Here are 15 reasons to be thankful, no matter what you are going through:
1. It is God’s will.
2. God commanded it in the Bible.
3. We are breathing and alive.
4. We have the Bible/truth to read.
5. We have 24/7 access to the powerful Creator God of the universe via humble prayer.
6. You live in a house/shelter. So nice to be out of the rain.
7. There is potential in every day to learn, grow, teach, read, serve, try something new.
8. Family is a bond. There is someone good in your family to connect with.
9. Friends are available to make and have and love.
10. We are able to meet with other believers and encourage each other in faith.
12. There is transportation available to get places.
13. I am able to write a blog and thus journal and share my thoughts and ideas with a friend like you.
14. We have clothes to keep warm.
15. There are hundreds of blessings from God on a given day and therefore I could list many many more reasons to be thankful.❤
We do not contemplate our ancestors enough. They had to have had a certain endurance for us to be here. They had to love each other and care about family enough to procreate. They had to be healthy enough, strong enough, really tough. They had to care. They protected their land, fought oppression and tyranny, they lived and thrived enough to provide for a family that could provide for a family and so on until we came on the scene. They had faith they wanted to pass down. They had principles they stuck to. They had guns to protect their investment. They had land they worked. Our Forebears rocked. They were incredible and their endurance runs through our veins. And I am grateful for and to them and to God for providing what they needed so we would be here now and I could be raising my own children here now. Thank you, foreparents. Thank you, God.❤
New beauties to behold at home. I am very thankful to God for providing and my husband and handy men for planning and building it and God for the flowers. Praise God!!❤❤❤