Here I sit in ER with my son who has apparently broken his ankle during a soccer game. His season appears to have come to an end at least this season.
Sometimes life twists and turns. Actually, it rarely delicately and merrily skips forward, usually twists and turns happen. It is to remind us we are not in charge nor is life all about us. This is a good lesson. We should be grateful for the reminder, even if it is a painful reminder.😃❤️
Ok, I just stayed up way too late watching an old war movie called Kelly’s Heroes with my husband. I have been desperate for a movie and this presented itself. I will regret it through a sleepy PE class tomorrow.
Watching it, however, brought several thoughts to mind:
1. Keeping your eye on the prize. People without hope muster hope, strength and resolve when they focus on a great reward ahead. We also should focus on the many rich and eternal blessings inherent with drawing close in relationship to God.
2. People are often motivated more by bad than good. It is a reality. Children and people are often bribed to shut them up and sway their opinion. This is a sad reality and must be noted.
3. People’s motivation is often misinterpreted when they do something good. Again, a sad reality but so often true. God looks at the heart above all else, though. He does not get fooled ever. Something to keep in mind.
4. Older movies assumed people were intelligent and today’s seem to infer the opposite. I thought this unfair but very cool about movies of old.
5. People will surprise you. Always. Sometimes for worse but sometimes for better. People have free will and can choose good or evil. But they can choose good so we shouldn’t give up on them.
Anyway, sure there are others but I need to sleep now. Love you.😄❤
Notre Dame in billowing smoke, set ablaze. So very sad. My heart goes out to those in France for this devastation to their history and art. The building itself was a priceless art piece.
And at the same time, Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem was also on fire. How interesting this is and horrible to boot. Any time so much rich history is damaged, it is sad and strange.
I find it odd these happened together. Catholic and Muslim holy buildings in flames together. Thank God no one has lost a life they know of. A building is replaceable (despite what they say) but a human soul is excessively more valuable. And it is very good to remember that history is valuable because of teaching people lessons from it and as the lesson and people remain, hope still thrives, even if the buildings suffer. The lessons are the thing. We must take from history the lessons God provides to draw us to Himself. Buildings are not the thing, the lessons and relationship with God is the thing that really matters. ❤
So, ya don’t want any problems? Join the club. The goal in life is not to get through it without anything happening. Not only is that literally impossible but horribly boring and leads to spoiled, self- centered boring immature brats sitting about, wanting to be waited on.
We are alive to serve and worship God.
Trouble comes because God loves us enough to grow and mature us and show us His love for us by caring us through everything. We grow, we mayure, we develop into people who serve and worship God through trouble. Unfortunately there is sin in this world and we are stubborn with pride so learning has to happen through trouble.
The best thing we can do is not avoid trouble but be contrite and learn the lesson quickly and get quickly to serving and worshipping God. ❤