Hi!! I spent a lot of time with the Lord this last week. I always want more time but unending time will be soon coming. For now, I have some thoughts:
1. Less is exceedingly more. I don’t think we can put a low enough priority on this world’s toys. They are meaningless. I mean entertainment, internet, news, trends, cellphone apps, boats, collections, etc. All can be used for good but you would have to be wise for that and very intentional. Things can easily distract us from the Lord’s presence and work.
2. Do it immediately. When someone asks you to pray for them, assume they want you to pray with them right then and there. If not, write it down in their presence and then do it. If God whispers in your ear to talk to someone, do it right then. If you are prompted to do something like read a verse of the Bible, do it right then. Waiting invites not doing and you may have missed an opportunity that you will be held accountable for missing.
3. Swallow your pride before any response or prayer. Everything is based on knowing who you are in Christ and that you are not Him. Pride is and declaration that God is not needed here and that is very dangerous. It defeats/hinders/occludes relationship with God and relationship with God is our goal. Pride is how angels fell. Pride kills the spirit eternally. Take the pride off. Visualize taking off the robe of pride and stepping into God’s presence with humbleness. God can grow and perfect and use humble but will come against pride. Remember that we are important because of God but we are nothing next to Him.
4. Serve and worship the right Master. Everyone is attending too someone. Who you spend the most too him and attention on is who you are closest to and who you worship and love and serve the most. That is your idol. And if your idol is anyone but God, it is idolatry and will be punished, either in this life and/or the next. God made us. God made everything. He deserves all the glory and worship and praise. Nothing else matters eternally.
5. God wants everyone saved. People choose to accept or reject Him. No one can change a person’s mind. We all choose for ourselves whether to be saved or not. God does not send anyone to hell. People send themselves. God is a God of love. He made hell to punish Satan and the fallen angels for corrupting and persecuting and destroying who He made and rightly so. It was not intended for people but those who follow and serve and obey these demons choose to be against God and be evil. God will not force and none to remain His child and none He made them. They choose to be with Him or be separated from Him forever. Separated is a really big deal and we should remember that we support one or the other with every decision and word and prayer. There is no both, no gray with God. He is far too holy for that. Be intentional for you arne without realizing it quite often.
6. God is not sterile and neither are we. Be you but represent God. This point hit home deeply yesterday. I just started laughing because this bird made the worst tweet/call I have heard as I was praising God for His creation. I said “not that one” or something along those lines and just laughed. God increased my joy, like He was laughing too. He would not have given people a sense of humor if He did not have one too. Look at the variety of living creatures He made and their behavior and movements and calls and noise. So many colors, so much movement. God is a God of vibrant life. Remember this when life seems dreary, because that is an indicator you are slipping away from God. He is lively and pure and just fun and sometimes downright funny. Celebrate life with Him. He loves that!
I am certain more thoughts will pop up but I wanted to share what I am learning on my journey in hopes you are encouraged. I missed you and love you!❤