Our time here on earth for all of us should be time spent waiting for heaven. But it is not a passive wait. We are not sitting around on our butts waiting for time to pass, we are worshipping God and thanking Him for Jesus’ work to assure us a place. We are thankful, friends! And while we worship and live thankfully, we are growing closer in our relationship with God. Wow, what a magnificent thought! We are loved by Almighty God our Creator who is rich in love and kindness, goodness and gentleness, joy and peace, holiness and self-control. He who created the stars knows and loves and wants to be close to us. Wow! In such deep thankfulness and worship, we cannot help but radiate His love and good things and humbly serve others also. What better show of our gratitude? And this is our waiting room experience on earth, awaiting heaven with our precious Savior! How blessed we all are!❤❤❤
So we finished “30-Day Praise Challenge” in my Sunday school class (which was amazingly good) and now we are growing more together with a larger class and we are starting “Attitude is Your Paintbrush: It Colors Every Situation” by James W. Moore. And the reading for this week (the first chapter) is about the attitude of gratitude.
I like what the book says. It says that we are born ungrateful (and rather selfish) and giving thanks is a learned behavior. Some of us take longer to learn that lesson but a sign of spiritual maturity is when gratitude is automatic.
I detest that horrible song that was popular in the 90’s, “What Have You Done for Me Lately?” I cringe even now when I hear that. It is the epitome of selfishness and our natural coarsest impulse. And those of us who really love the Lord will always resist that inclination and instead dwell on our gratefulness for every situation. That is entirely our choice and a sign of growth and spiritual development and maturity.
As made creatures in a made world, we truly need to be thankful for everything, our breath, the good, the bad, all of it. As made creatures, God loves us despite our lowly state of being made, where He has always been and always will be. We should be thankful for all of it then, that the God who made us provides all we need and even many wants out of love for us. It is truly amazing and we should thank Him consistently with an attitude of gratitude. ❤
Here are 15 reasons to be thankful, no matter what you are going through:
1. It is God’s will.
2. God commanded it in the Bible.
3. We are breathing and alive.
4. We have the Bible/truth to read.
5. We have 24/7 access to the powerful Creator God of the universe via humble prayer.
6. You live in a house/shelter. So nice to be out of the rain.
7. There is potential in every day to learn, grow, teach, read, serve, try something new.
8. Family is a bond. There is someone good in your family to connect with.
9. Friends are available to make and have and love.
10. We are able to meet with other believers and encourage each other in faith.
12. There is transportation available to get places.
13. I am able to write a blog and thus journal and share my thoughts and ideas with a friend like you.
14. We have clothes to keep warm.
15. There are hundreds of blessings from God on a given day and therefore I could list many many more reasons to be thankful.❤
Other than student loans, which are literally the value of half our house (9 years to be a doctor, oy). Other than that, we have no unusual debts – no credit card debt or store debt and caught up on utilities, etc- and thank God for that blessing. But I must confess that money has never been a priority to me. I have always been ambitious to help people and heal people and encourage their souls toward Christ, but money has never been an issue. I worked hard and always tithed, even when tight on funds, and God always provided what I needed and a whole lot of extras now and again. God is mega rich and He is my Heavenly Father and loves me, so money will always be there when I need it and I am content so want little else. But the debt I owe has nothing to do with money, though sometimes it takes that form. I owe a debt of gratitude to God for all He has done for me in the past, present and future. And whatever I am going through, I don’t have to do it alone for God is always with me. I am cared for. I am secure. Even if I lose everything I own or my life, I have everything I need for eternal bliss with God in heaven. I am assured and He helps along the way every time I humbly pray. So beautiful. And I am thankful for that immense blessing and do my best to live like I am. ❤
1. God made us specifically and with loving care for a sacred purpose at just such a time as this. 2. God is still in charge and His will is what will happen at the right time for the best perhaps unknown reasons. 3. We have knowledge of God’s will and nature through His Word the Bible. 4. We have the gift of salvation for eternity through Jesus Christ, true of anyone who humbly prays to accept it. Wow. 5. God’s creation of nature is available to us to enjoy and worship Him. 6. Work is a blessing because we can do it and it pleases God and causes Him to reward us. 7. Children are a blessing for they carry on joy and refresh with newness and imagination. 8. Good friends and good family are blessings for we do not travel through life alone and we have love. 9. Love is a blessing for we are so blessed that our powerful God is clothed in love so that we can live and not be in danger. 10. The Holy Spirit is a gift so we may know right from wrong and be allowed wisdom and the fruits of the Spirit for life. These amazing blessings are available, regardless of what else happens, good or bad, in the day. They may be used to start the day off in gratitude and prayer and uplift during the day. They are lasting and trustworthy. God is so good!