Since I started in September the discipline and obedience of fasting with prayer one day a week, I have noticed a stark difference in me and wanted to share it.
1. Constant peace running in the background all the time. Joy has rarely ever been a problem but this peace is relatively new to me. I like it. It is a constant reminder that God is in control and loves me so will handle everything His way in His timing. No worries.
2. My relationship with God has grown deeply. I am spiritually maturing and physically minimizing (except to get it in line with what I need to do spiritually). I never am or feel alone.
3. Running conversation prayers are more automatic and consistent. Prayer flows and I understand its importance and power.
4. I am healthier. I am maintaining my healthy weight and energy better, not letting food be so prominent.
5. Clarity of mind and spirit.
6. One running trial from my past is over. God worked it out and the struggle is over.
7. Spiritual things matter infinitely more than temporal, physical things.
8. I am more engaged in people and my kids and my husband, helping wherever I can and putting myself last. A servant’s heart has developed stronger than before.
9. My self-assurance because God is my Father has increased. I do not care or get offended by jerks or bullies or friends or family. I let it run off my shoulder and instead or reacting, pray for them.
10. I want to continue. I want others to pray determinedly, even if they cannot fast but fast if you can. I want everyone to be saved and have this geowth with God. It is amazing.❤
Many people are fasting for the health benefits. That is secondary to me. I fast first and foremost as an obedient act of worship to grow closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. I listen crisper to the Holy Spirit, something I have been working on. I want to please my Heavenly Father. That is it. It is simple. And I have done a weekly fast since September 4th of last year. I never regret it. I find it beautiful and it has enriched my relationship with God. I live Him first and foremost of anything in my life. And the thought of spending more quality time with Him is exquisitely beautiful to me. He nudges me to hear Him more. I adore His glory I see around me and in me. There is love and majesty together when I consider Him. The Bible teaches and corrects me with truth, which is so sweet to me. And there are always many needs of mine and others I bring to Him for solving and He does. So my faith grows every time. This is why I fast. This is why you should also.❤
The most fantastic thing I ever started doing was walking in the mornings. I have written of its benefits in a previous post, but I am just so thankful for that time doing walkie talkies and getting healthier and more energy. And now I am slimming down noticeably. The walkie talkies are my favorite part, though. That is my fun way of saying prayer walk. I walk and talk to God. It is beautiful and adds a spiritual dimension to something which would otherwise be primarily physical. The spiritual connection to God starts my day better, focuses me, motivates me, enriches me and makes me a better person. God does all that. It is beautiful and I appreciate Him so much. Try it. 😄❤
So I am walking 5 days a week for 3.5-3.8 miles per day every early morning (so as to do so alone), and have done so for a few months now. Here is what I have noticed:
1. I sing better. My voice is stronger and better sounding and more precisely pitched. This is due to greater breath support.
2. I do not get sick. Everyone around me, in the house, whatever could be sick but I am not.
3. I feel better. Breathing is easier. Moving is easier. My clothes fit better.
4. I look good. Well, better, and keep having people tell me that.
5. I have more energy. I walk and then can dig ditches and clean trees and haul concrete and rock, transfer aggregate, whatever and still cook and clean and homeschool the kids and coach homeschool P.E. (yes, they roped me in again), clean mom’s place and walk her dog, and whatever else I have to do. I go all day. I sleep well, but that is a good thing.
6. I am less stressed. Life is stressful now. It just is. And walking helps a lot. I am nicer and ready for the day because I pray the whole time I walk, making sure to start the day right, alone with God in the world He made.
These are the main benefits. I would encourage you to try it and see how n it benefits you.❤