Every moment of life, we are on borrowed time. The moment is not ours to spend as we wish for our glory or even someone else’s glory. The moments we are given are for God, who is ironically not bound by time, but that is another matter. Our moments are a gift for God, meant to being Him glory and draw us closer to Him. And this beautiful treasure of time is sacred to Him. Being my primary love language, I get the time thing. We need to make the most of our time and pack as much love and worship into each moment we can. And this honors God and brings out God’s glory and love through us. Wow.❤❤❤
I won’t lie, I have struggled with a case of the grumbles mixed with a helping of sarcasm lately. I had been doing better and lately I have so much on my plate that I have regressed. I really want to defeat this spirit of grumbling, despite what is going on that is wrong around me. So I have a new game plan for self-improvement for the sake of God and His good name I represent and those in my influence. Here it is:
I am going to start a “Grateful Thinking Journal”. I will put it n in my memo app on my phone I always have with me. I would have used a journal in the n pre-tech days (and would have enjoyed that more) but I need to have it everywhere all the time because I am starting a new habit here. This premise is based on the mandate in the Bible, “Be joyful always. Pray continuously. Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
So in my memo app, I will put a new entry title “Grateful Thinking Journal”. And throughout the day, if a grumble slips into my mind, even before it escapes my mouth, I will write one thing I am grateful for in that moment. And I will keep doing that all day and every day until it becomes a new habit to replace the old bad habit of grumbling.
And I will tell my kids to hold me accountable. And when the habit is formed and grumbling is no longer an issue, I will switch from a grateful focus to a praise God focus, because everything good comes from Him.
I will be praying and fasting today (Wednesdays). I implore any of you friends who really love the Lord to join me. And if you cannot fast for some reason, please pray with me during meal times. So we are on the same page, my prayers will be:
1. Please purify my soul and my family’s soul and wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ. Please forgive our sins and renew our strength and purity with the Holy Spirit so we may be in your presence and pray and fast today.
2. The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6), with emphasis on “Please, dear Lord, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
3. Please may God’s prayer warriors be strengthened and focused to pray and fast for your good to triumph over the enemies’ evil.
4. Please protect and strengthen our President Trump and all those officials doing good and please give them wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor with You and man. May those who have done evil to be caught and prosecuted and be found guilty and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Please allow this to change their hearts to repentance and salvation.
5. Please help our country defund and abolish abortion and injustice so you will forgive and bless our country as a whole.
6. Please allow people to be released from their addictions to tech and social media/phones and pleasure addictions which have become their idols. Please release and help them so they are ready when you come soon for your church.
7. Please purify your church and strengthen her to prayer and fasting and worship together. Destroy the evil within her and cast out demons who have infiltrated. Help your church to remember her job of missions, winning souls for your kingdom, worshipping You. Please help and bless Your persecuted church around the world.
8. Please save as many as you can from the clutches of Satan and soften their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord for their eternal soul’s sake.
9. Please strengthen and heal my friends and family for prayer and prepare their hearts and souls for your coming.
10. Please keep the demons and evil ones who have chosen to worship them from being effective in the evil they want to do. Stop their plans, dear Lord, and protect us. May all the evil plans come to ruin and be hindered and useless and may You, Lord, and Your angels win every battle.
11. We love and pray for Israel. We pray for her peace and that the Jews will realize that Jesus is their Messiah and be saved. Praise be the God of Israel. Please bless her.
12. We worship you, dear Jesus. We give you praise, honor due you and adore your glory. You are worthy of all our love and adoration and worship. You are holy and true.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.❤❤❤
From January to May is our busy season. We have baseball, homeschooling, PE, cleaning my mom’s house, church twice a week, chirch and our band practices, band gigs- a lot of them, caring for the dog for these months of heartworm treatments, quilting, patio remodeling to install windows, car trouble we are fixing, playdates, care for my kids, household care, birthdays of friends, etc. Busy season.
I have friends and acquaintances say they are too busy to pray and read their Bibles. And I can say that is a blatant lie. I am busier than any of them and I make the time to pray all through the day and read my Bible, blog to share and encourage, etc. You have time for what you want to do. Granted, I gave up all social media and movie watching and any other distracions to make time, but that is because God is my priority. You always have time for what you want to make time for. Always. Decide God comes first and you secure your eternal future and achieve peace and joy amidst love to help you now. Life without God is a rut and eternally meaningless and depressing bit with God there is strength and help and eternal security and meaning and blessings.❤
I have the habit of fasting on Wednesdays and have since I started early last September. Why? Several reasons:
1. I have fasted weekly because I am very very busy and am overwhelmed with how much there is for me to do, how much faith God has in me to work for Him. Fasting empties me of myself and makes me rely once a week fully on God for the strength and sustenance to get through the day.
2. Fasting allows more direct prayer connection to God. It is obedience because we are commanded to fast, and God always rewards obedience with closer relationship to Himself and blessings.
3. God provides so much clarity while I fast. Any doubts or cloudy thinking are erased and clarity in truth is left. I am not sure this is a Biblical n promise for fasting but it certainly is my personal experience. He provides truth and the rest burns off through the day.
4. God answers prayer. Faith is increased when fasting because it is putting your money where your mouth is to trust God for energy and health during the busy day and He honors faith every time with answering prayers. Yes, He answers prayer anyway, of course, but when fasting, the communication is much more intimate and direct and answers are more personally given and acute. And the more specific the prayer, the more certain the answer.
6. Forgiveness is easy when fasting. I had enemies before I started and have none now except God’s enemy Satan and his demons. I have no enemies in people form. I realize my enemies are not flesh and blood. I get that so much now that I hold no one accountable for their sins against me or myself accountable for sins against me or anyone (I have asked forgiveness of everyone I have wronged to the best of my ability) and wisdom and understanding replace that. When strongly in the presence of a perfect and loving God, those menial (seeming huge at the time) do not matter. Even the worst of crimes against me or hardest times gone through, I am now thankful for most because it brought me closer to my Heavenly Father God. I tell on Him more.
7. God is closer to us because fasting lets Him be. Distractions meander off. When hungry, I am more focused on prayer. When not cooking for myself or eating, I have more time with Him in a more focused way. Distractions of life also leave. They just do
These are the blessings from my gift of fasting. Fasting is a gift of obedience to God in meaningful, deep, powerful prayer. The gift is mine really, as I feel better and stronger than at any other time in the week. And it a gift to God He rewards for I am truly putting Him first in His rightful place in my life. This is a reset for me also to set the tone for the rest of the week to maintain His place as first in my life always.
Although it is commanded for us to fast, it is amazing how many Christians I suggest fasting together with that have a million excuses why they never fast. They don’t want to. I understand most won’t want to fast weekly, but monthly at least due to the end times condition of the world.
I firmly believe if more Christians did fast, more good would be happening, more blessings occurring, more people saved, more souls saved for the kingdom of God, more churches growing and not diminishing or closing. Fasting with prayer is the most powerful tool in our arsenal. And thr enemy really wants to keep you from it because he knows it. FAST and PRAY. See if God does not bless you richly for it. Get someone in church to fast and pray with you. Open your heart to God in this obedience and see what beauty He unfolds in your life and what protection He provides you. ❤
When I drive now more than ever I am very defensive. People seem to be making irresponsible choices to text or stare at their phones now… a lot. It is their choice to do so, as it is my choice to make responsible choices and drive carefully with the phone down and on silent. That is one example.
I am not responsible for anyone else’s choices but my own and I am fully responsible for my own. I own them. What I do, I am responsible for. How I treat others, I am responsible for. What I say, I am fully responsible for. And the thing is, this is true of every single soul God created.
When we meet God soon in heaven, we will each account for our words and actions and choices. There will be no one to blame, no getting out of it, no reasoning it away or excusing it for emotional or hormonal drives. No, it is yes or no. Even now, as distracted as we are it is yes or no. Responsible choice? “Yes” or “no”. And anything added to “no” does not make it less of a “no”. ❤
As I turned off all the distractions,
The cellphone, the tv, the music, distractions,
I noticed the flowers in bloom in the yard,
The sound of the birds and the insect’s alarm.
I noticed my breathing the fresh air around,
The sounds of my children speaking around.
I noticed they loved the look in my eye
When distractions gone, and they saw my delight.
I noticed the quiet, the calm and the peace
And talking to God was immediate ease.
And I noticed that life was much better by ten
And decided the distractions were at a permanent end.❤