So my ex (my son’s dad) started a new job driving a bus from hotels to the four major Disney theme parks. Tonight, we dropped my son off to ride around with him for a few hours to have time together without his new wife, quite literally the wicked stepmother from Cindarella and her ilk. And so it was new. We rode around exploring restaurants and shops and Disney Springs area while they rode on. It was quite a new experience to everyone’s contentment and happiness. And old remembrances washed over us as afterward we ate at Ponderosa, which I did not know still existed and which tastes exactly the same as I remember it from my childhood with daddy. ❤ And I tell you again and again that God is exquisitely good and it was again very good day with Him. Oh how I love God who continues to bless, regardless of what else goes on in the world. God blesses us as He blessed King Hezekiah who obeyed Him. It is truly a wonder how greatly God blesses, hears and protects those who obey and sincerely want to please Him!❤❤❤
When I pray, God reveals truths to me. He teaches me things. I have to be quiet and listen and humbly pray and God teaches me things. For instance, this morning as I walked and talked with Him, He revealed to me that when people idolize and lift up someone for some great thing they have done or achieved, they very often neglect t doling out praise and worship and adoration to God who gave them them hat gift or ability to begin with. In essence, it is glorifying the receiver of the gift rather than the Giver of the gift (and the Maker of that person). It is all wrong. God should get your praise first. God should be worshipped and lifted up for it all!!!❤❤❤
So I am walking 5 days a week for 3.5-3.8 miles per day every early morning (so as to do so alone), and have done so for a few months now. Here is what I have noticed:
1. I sing better. My voice is stronger and better sounding and more precisely pitched. This is due to greater breath support.
2. I do not get sick. Everyone around me, in the house, whatever could be sick but I am not.
3. I feel better. Breathing is easier. Moving is easier. My clothes fit better.
4. I look good. Well, better, and keep having people tell me that.
5. I have more energy. I walk and then can dig ditches and clean trees and haul concrete and rock, transfer aggregate, whatever and still cook and clean and homeschool the kids and coach homeschool P.E. (yes, they roped me in again), clean mom’s place and walk her dog, and whatever else I have to do. I go all day. I sleep well, but that is a good thing.
6. I am less stressed. Life is stressful now. It just is. And walking helps a lot. I am nicer and ready for the day because I pray the whole time I walk, making sure to start the day right, alone with God in the world He made.
These are the main benefits. I would encourage you to try it and see how n it benefits you.❤
Psalm 30:1. “I will exalt you, Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 2. Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. 3. You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down to the pit. 4. Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. 5. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. 6. When I felt secure, I said, “I will never be shaken.” 7. Lord, when you favored me, you made my royal mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. 8. To you, Lord, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy: 9. “What is gained if I am silenced, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness? 10. Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me; Lord, be my help.” 11. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 12. that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever.”
I received a great compliment today. It doesn’t matter what it was but it was significant to me and not one I have heard in a while or one most women will ever hear in their lifetime. And the specialness of this particular compliment is what stands out in my mind. So, in your encouraging other people, please search for something unique for that person and really special and you will make someone’s whole week. Do it today. It is so worth the creative effort! 😄❤
These things are not Biblical and need to be changed in the church:
1. Elaborate church buildings (money is to help the work of God not have comfy cozy fancy buildings to occupy a couple days a week and not even house the homeless the other days!!).
2. Sermons of viewpoints and not just Bible interpretation and study (Bible understanding is the whole point).
3. Praying for God to show up (He is always in and with us).
4. Lack of communion at every meeting (Jesus commanded the that one).
5. Lack of more prayer and fasting of churches (I need the ha to fast more).
6. Looking the same as a worldly social club (we are to be set apart and different).
7. Not giving and/or doing missions (we are all commanded to be missionaries wherever we are).
8. Judging (God commands all gains it).
9. Being quiet and solemn all the time (God is not silent and wants us to get into worshipping Him with our whole self).
10. Limiting the time (we need to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit).
If we changed these and make it all about God and get back to the Bible and prayer people so desperately need, we would be effective.❤