There is something special and hopeful about completing a task. Yes, it may take a lifetime or 10 minutes, or anywhere between these, but the feeling of exhilaration is always there when we stick to our guns, be faithful, use our God-given resources, reason it out and fulfill the task. I am sure Jesus enjoys the satisfaction of fulfillment of prophecy also. I believe that when we are close to the Lord, we start to think like He does to some extent and appreciate what He appreciates. So this fulfillment of doing what we say brings great joy. Those who are unfaithful to a commitment deprive themselves as much as sin against God and others. Fulfillment has vast rewards now and later, eternal rewards. So worth doing the right thing on a consistent basis. 😄❤
I will be praying and fasting tomorrow (on Wednesdays). I implore any of you friends who really love the Lord to join me. And if you cannot fast for some reason, please pray with me during meal times. So we are on the same page, my prayers will be:
1. Please purify my soul and my family’s soul and wash us clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ. Please forgive our sins and renew our strength and purity with the Holy Spirit so we may be in your presence and pray and fast today.
2. The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6), with emphasis on “Please, dear Lord, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
3. Please may God’s prayer warriors be strengthened and focused to pray and fast for your good to triumph over the enemies’ evil.
4. Please protect and strengthen our President Trump and all those officials doing good and please give them wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor with You and man. May those who have done evil to be caught and prosecuted and be found guilty and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Please allow this to change their hearts to repentance and salvation. Also, Lord, please bring this nation back together under You and may we reason together in like mind and remain free under Your banner and protection.
5. Please help our country defund and abolish abortion and injustice so you will forgive and bless our country as a whole. Please provide for and help the orphans and widows. Let us not pass by our brothers and sisters unmoved but help them with Your love and empathy, knowing You adopted us as well and provide for us.
6. Please allow people to be released from their addictions to tech and social media/phones and pleasure addictions which have become their idols. Please release and help them so they are ready when you come soon for your church.
7. Please purify your church and strengthen her to prayer and fasting and worship together. Destroy the evil within her and cast out demons who have infiltrated. Help your church to remember her job of missions, winning souls for your kingdom, worshipping You. Please help and strengthen and bless Your persecuted church around the world.
8. Please save as many as you can from the clutches of Satan and soften their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord for their eternal soul’s sake.
9. Please strengthen and heal my friends and family for prayer and prepare their hearts and souls for your coming.
10. Please keep the demons and evil ones who have chosen to worship them from being effective in the evil they want to do. Stop their plans, dear Lord, and protect us. May all the evil plans come to ruin and be hindered and useless and may You, Lord, and Your angels win every battle.
11. We love and pray for Israel. We pray for her peace and that the Jews will realize that Jesus is their Messiah and be saved. Praise be the God of Israel. Please bless her.
12. We worship you, dear Jesus. We give you praise, honor due you and adore your glory. You are worthy of all our love and adoration and worship. You are holy and true.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.❤❤❤
Having grown up in the church and having sung as a family in a singing quartet and later leading a travel worship band, I have been in many churches, many denominations, all over America and the world even. And one thing has been bugging me all this time. In fact, I had to take a break from church buildings for a while because of it. It is this…
Churches are notoriously uptight and self-righteous judgmental. Meaning by this the cutting eyes if anyone makes a noise, shunning the not fancy enough, looking down on gum chewers, refusing people to drink coffee in houses of worship, judging outward sins but not addressing obvious inward sins, etc.
The thing is I passionately love the church and so did Jesus… so much so He died for her. Jesus taught so much to get us out of that judgmentalism. He did not allow his disciples to refuse kids being kids. He said bring them here. He taught the church is the people and the heart and going to a building does not make one holy unless one is already holy without walls. Grace is indelibly forgiveness and cannot be removed from Jesus’ loving way. How can we preach grace and yet scold the poorly behaved. How do they know better without instruction? We must meet people where they are and gently teach. You go to a baseball game and everyone accepts you as you are. Why does a church not? What makes you better than Jesus who loved people where they were and then taught a better way? No one is. The church is the people. As such, the church may chew gum, make noise, dress as they are, be welcomed, may drink coffee. And quit putting so much money into a building to meet in. Put thr money into the church and work of the Lord. ❤
Good stewardship is a concept I have been working on in my life and trying to instill in my kids. The opposite of good stewardship is laziness. It wastes talent, thought processes, imagination, physical ability, energy, so on. Laziness declares that our comfort is more important than the gifts God has given us to use. And no, laziness is never a gift from God. It is an affront to Him who gifted us in His profound wisdom. 😄❤
There is an unwritten stupidity in many of our heads that prefers to stew and mull things over and brood rather than having a potentially uncomfortable conversation. However, quite often the other party is not even bothered by the matter or at the least most often not to the same extent. Yet we brood and suffer and pity ourselves and fester in a darkness of our own making.
So, I have opted from now on to have those potentially difficult conversations here and now rather than decrease the years of my life over them when it may be avoided. Better a moment’s discomfort than a long drawn out death over it. Tired of that. Tired of keeping it in. I was not like that as a kid, and by golly I am tired of eggshells. I will walk rightly in the fruits of the Spirit so as not to harm anyone but I will not puss foot around anymore when a conversation needs to happen. Now that is proactive for everyone’s good. So much negativity and energy can be saved if real eye to eye conversations happen. So much good is done that way. And here is my new manifesto… Keep moving forward wisely but with fruit (of the Spirit). I will do the right thing as often as I can, every time if possible.😄❤