Since I started in September the discipline and obedience of fasting with prayer one day a week, I have noticed a stark difference in me and wanted to share it.
1. Constant peace running in the background all the time. Joy has rarely ever been a problem but this peace is relatively new to me. I like it. It is a constant reminder that God is in control and loves me so will handle everything His way in His timing. No worries.
2. My relationship with God has grown deeply. I am spiritually maturing and physically minimizing (except to get it in line with what I need to do spiritually). I never am or feel alone.
3. Running conversation prayers are more automatic and consistent. Prayer flows and I understand its importance and power.
4. I am healthier. I am maintaining my healthy weight and energy better, not letting food be so prominent.
5. Clarity of mind and spirit.
6. One running trial from my past is over. God worked it out and the struggle is over.
7. Spiritual things matter infinitely more than temporal, physical things.
8. I am more engaged in people and my kids and my husband, helping wherever I can and putting myself last. A servant’s heart has developed stronger than before.
9. My self-assurance because God is my Father has increased. I do not care or get offended by jerks or bullies or friends or family. I let it run off my shoulder and instead or reacting, pray for them.
10. I want to continue. I want others to pray determinedly, even if they cannot fast but fast if you can. I want everyone to be saved and have this geowth with God. It is amazing.❤