So, I am seeing an increase in hostility all around me, especially me, all bottled up inside in a world of narcissists and moralless people who want their way and feel special because they exist. There is no respect for the elderly, no respect for rules in many cases and laws in others, no respect for themselves so they dress like tramps, no honor, no faithfulness, no pride in their work, no real motivation to do much of anything and I wonder if this new generation will have enough few working people to pay for all those who want a free ride. Does not look good at this rate for the future of America, greatest country in the world. I cannot imagine how much worse it is elsewhere with bad people in charge and good people at their mercy in many countries. So, the injustices of the world weighing heavy on our souls, I figure I would try really hard to provide ways to counter this ugly hostility in me and everywhere I see. Must be proactive. I hate politics so decided not to run for President, so I had to be very creative. I hope you find something in this list helpful to you in your search for goodness and peace. Here are some options I thought of:
1. Pray. God is still in charge, despite what those “in charge” think. He has to approve of everything and if he doesn’t, it will catch up to those people. God is still the strongest Being in the universe and still loves us… well most of us. (just kiddingish)
2. Elect people who pray. Those who want to be in charge of masses and won’t admit they need help with that are delusional.
3. Get in shape. Exercise releases endorphins, a natural made in your body feel good drug. This reduces stress of the mind while temporarily causeing brief stress of the body. But the gain is better than the cost (unless you exercise too hard, then you are just nuts, no offense).
4. Fall in love. Love releases endorphins, see above. Love also yields peace because it gives a completion to searches for your missing half, your soul’s life partner.
5. Get a dog. Dogs serve a number of purposes. They are excellent companions, welcome distractions, guards to your home and self, lower your blood pressure to pet and encourage you to exercise them with exercises you.
6. Punch your pillows. This releases frustration and just feels really good.
7. Great music. Music can change your mood for the better, encourage you, give you hope, feel like home, stimulate your brain, distract you and overall increase your viewpoint on life.
8. Smile. Sometimes little things like kindness or a smile will make all the difference in the world to someone who might be having a bad day that can easily make many people’s moods bad and cause more problems. Smiling is free but can reep great dividends for its little investment. Make a difference to one person and you make a difference to whoever that person touches also.
9. Shower or bathe. This doesn’t seem like it would help but it involves feeling better physically because you become clean, a great pause in life to play under a waterfall or float in a tiny lake.
10. Read. This shouldn’t be last here because of its importance, but it is for some reason. Reading the Bible for its truth and hope or other inspiring works of great authors changes one’s perspective from self to something else, something better or different or useful.
This is a partial list. I may continue some time I am not so sleepy, perhaps when I am not blogging at 1am after a busy day. And I refrained from mentioning things that feel good for a second but do not really help long term or even much short term or would get you thrown into prison. tee hee. So, here you have some options for those frustrating moments when you just have to do something in response to the sheer crazy (in a bad way) and dark and ugly going on all around us all the time now. I am just one person but I still believe one person can do a lot of good to many if done right and believing that. God helps too when we try to help. Much love to you! 🙂